GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Stage 2 (Freektune) vs 2017 Civic Type R

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Well..... in all fairness Ive seen 2-3 in person. Apartment neighbor has a black one. They look “alright” lol. Put me in my 20s and id probably be all over it. But its a type R. It is suppose to be “racey” lil outlandish. I do drool over the seats little bit. I still like having my gti. Flies under the radar, looks clean, but has plenty of go. At my age looking at almost 40k for a performance car, id either go R, or muscle like a camaro ss or even mustang gt.
I just couldnt shell out that cash level for a faster riced up civic essentially.
But I wont hate on the car, it tugs at my inner younger self who used to like that stuff.
It is what it is.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

SVO

Well..... in all fairness Ive seen 2-3 in person. Apartment neighbor has a black one. They look “alright” lol. Put me in my 20s and id probably be all over it. But its a type R. It is suppose to be “racey” lil outlandish. I do drool over the seats little bit. I still like having my gti. Flies under the radar, looks clean, but has plenty of go. At my age looking at almost 40k for a performance car, id either go R, or muscle like a camaro ss or even mustang gt.
I just couldnt shell out that cash level for a faster riced up civic essentially.
But I wont hate on the car, it tugs at my inner younger self who used to like that stuff.
It is what it is.

This. Black is by far the best color as it tones down the black plastic trim all over the place. Still, more childish looking than Hi-Po. Contrast with Focus RS- much better done.

TroyI

Ready to race!
Stock GTI's run low 14's
Stage 1 GTI's run mid 13's
Stage 2 GTI's run around 13 flat.

To get a 60' faster, you need good tires. knocking a few tenths off the 60' makes more than a few tenths on the quarter.

I'm APR stage 1 and run pretty consistent 13.6's, but my 60' is 2.3 or 2.4 on crappy Perelli tires. Going with the PS4S tires next.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Stock GTI's run low 14's
Stage 1 GTI's run mid 13's
Stage 2 GTI's run around 13 flat.

To get a 60' faster, you need good tires. knocking a few tenths off the 60' makes more than a few tenths on the quarter.

I'm APR stage 1 and run pretty consistent 13.6's, but my 60' is 2.3 or 2.4 on crappy Perelli tires. Going with the PS4S tires next.

Stage 2 GTI is in the high 12 seconds...
That is with a decent tire

With a Drag radial or even a full slick. It’s a mid 12 second car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
1/4 mile times have just as much to do with driver and prep as they do with the car. For comparison sake, let’s just use the trap so we can get an idea of a car’s true potential as it pertains to speed. Doesn’t tell me anything about how fast your car is if you tell me your quarter mile times, but you’re not particularly good at drag racing, or that your using the oem crap tires etc. At least with the trap I can say this guys car is fast, or it’s not.

TroyI

Ready to race!
1/4 mile times have just as much to do with driver and prep as they do with the car. For comparison sake, let’s just use the trap so we can get an idea of a car’s true potential as it pertains to speed. Doesn’t tell me anything about how fast your car is if you tell me your quarter mile times, but you’re not particularly good at drag racing, or that your using the oem crap tires etc. At least with the trap I can say this guys car is fast, or it’s not.

So tell me.... I still have the crap OEM tires and my 60' is 2.4. My trap is 107mph. I run 13.6's.

BTW, I'm about to get the Michelin PS4S. Can't wait.