GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI shudders under hard acceleration

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
Got a quote to do the walnut blasting on the valves for $400, here I come sparkly clean valves!
Happy to see your issue wasn't something crazy. Currently going through the ringer on mine. Sad and broke days ahead.

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
Got a quote to do the walnut blasting on the valves for $400, here I come sparkly clean valves!

this at a shop or some guy that works out of his house kind of thing? that seems like a good deal. Was thinking how much I should charge people if I do it out of my garage.

gogo_gti

Car(s)
Gti
Walnut blasting is the best way to get these valves completely clean. Carbon clumps up on the back of the valves and just stays there.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
this at a shop or some guy that works out of his house kind of thing? that seems like a good deal. Was thinking how much I should charge people if I do it out of my garage.

I paid $350 for a scrape and solvent cleaning on my MkV, while it was at an independent shop having the timing chain tensioner replaced. If you offered it for $300 you'd turn down work.

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
Side note on the CRC, I just did mine 2 days ago with 33k on the clock. I used the MAP sensor hole and sprayed the entire can. Be warned you have to spray it in small bursts. I mean small. I had a few backfires happen and flames came out of the MAP hole lol. Sounded like a firecracker. The cam tells u to operate the motor at 2k rpm and spray the can in small bursts till it’s gone. But u can’t rev the car with the sensor out it surges all over the rpm range. It takes about 10-15 minutes to empty the can with patience otherwise backfires occur and it’s sketchy. However the end result was well I DONT Know Lol I just did it as preventive maintenance. After the can was empty your supposed to let it heat soak for an hour then drive at highway speeds for 10 minutes. I did all that then changed my oil. Id guess it would be easier with a boost tap hole and have someone in the car holding it at 2k rpm. Otherwise deal with the larger MAP hole and the surging. Give it a try it can’t hurt. And it’s cheap. I’m going to do it every oil change. I also sprayed 1/4 of the can thru the turbo to clean off the blades in case there was any contamination on it. Anyway that’s my story. Good luck

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Side note on the CRC, I just did mine 2 days ago with 33k on the clock. I used the MAP sensor hole and sprayed the entire can. Be warned you have to spray it in small bursts. I mean small. I had a few backfires happen and flames came out of the MAP hole lol. Sounded like a firecracker. The cam tells u to operate the motor at 2k rpm and spray the can in small bursts till it’s gone. But u can’t rev the car with the sensor out it surges all over the rpm range. It takes about 10-15 minutes to empty the can with patience otherwise backfires occur and it’s sketchy. However the end result was well I DONT Know Lol I just did it as preventive maintenance. After the can was empty your supposed to let it heat soak for an hour then drive at highway speeds for 10 minutes. I did all that then changed my oil. Id guess it would be easier with a boost tap hole and have someone in the car holding it at 2k rpm. Otherwise deal with the larger MAP hole and the surging. Give it a try it can’t hurt. And it’s cheap. I’m going to do it every oil change. I also sprayed 1/4 of the can thru the turbo to clean off the blades in case there was any contamination on it. Anyway that’s my story. Good luck
After letting it sit for an hour was it a smoke bomb for a short time when you drove it?

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

#000 one hole rubber stopper