GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI shudders under hard acceleration

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
If you can find someone to do the walnut blasting for 250$ as mentioned above have it done. If you had night a day results after spraying the CRC cleaning then it sounds like it needs to be done. I do CRC every 20k miles and when I took my air intake manifold off at 50k they were completely covered in gunk

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
If you can find someone to do the walnut blasting for 250$ as mentioned above have it done. If you had night a day results after spraying the CRC cleaning then it sounds like it needs to be done. I do CRC every 20k miles and when I took my air intake manifold off at 50k they were completely covered in gunk
I do want to have it done and should soon but for $250? Where are you located? Prices here in VT are upwards of $600 when I called around..

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
I’m guessing something like this
Thanks for the video link. I dont have a boost tap so I would maybe do it through the intake. 😬. I suppose the only option is to pull the manifold and do some carbon cleaning.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Nobody does walnut blasting for $250.

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
I do want to have it done and should soon but for $250? Where are you located? Prices here in VT are upwards of $600 when I called around..

I live in San Diego and I got a quote for $900 here. That's why I did it myself. Someone previously mentioned they only paid 250?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I live in San Diego and I got a quote for $900 here. That's why I did it myself. Someone previously mentioned they only paid 250?

That was me but it was for chemical cleaning not walnut blasting.

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
That was me but it was for chemical cleaning not walnut blasting.
Any benefits to chemical vs. Walnut blasting? The price difference is quite a bit here in the UK. 120bps job to 100bps per intake valve for walnut blasting.

edsonmassao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG
Thanks for the video link. I dont have a boost tap so I would maybe do it through the intake. 😬. I suppose the only option is to pull the manifold and do some carbon cleaning.

In the video comments there are some people saying to spray CRC on the map sensor location, maybe I will give it a try.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Any benefits to chemical vs. Walnut blasting? The price difference is quite a bit here in the UK. 120bps job to 100bps per intake valve for walnut blasting.

The chemical cleaning is only useful if the carbon buildup isn't too severe. You would need to do the chemical cleaning every 25K miles to avoid walnut blasting later.

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
I'm going to stick to walnut blasting. After using CRC cleaner and putting a endoscope in the map sensor hole I wasn't very impressed with it. Maybe people have good luck doing it before every oil change but I didn't have any large differences that showed me this stuff works. Its honestly not that hard to do....buy all the stuff needed to do the job. My main problem was using only a small 10 gallon air compressor that put out like 2.5 cfm at 90 psi. Try and get something 20+gallons, around 5cfm or higher, and this is critical make sure the air is DRY, you need it to be as dry as possible or your going to have a bad time...

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
The chemical cleaning is only useful if the carbon buildup isn't too severe. You would need to do the chemical cleaning every 25K miles to avoid walnut blasting later.
Unfortunately, it is far too late. Im sitting at 67k, tuned for about 57k of those miles. I guess it is time to slap some money down and get to it. My car drives like absolute crap rn and is parked until I can figure out what to do with it.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Unfortunately, it is far too late. Im sitting at 67k, tuned for about 57k of those miles. I guess it is time to slap some money down and get to it. My car drives like absolute crap rn and is parked until I can figure out what to do with it.
I'm at 66,000. It fixed my car, for $10 a can you can't go wrong. At least give it a shot, I was dealing with the same thing and I'm glad I did it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
In the video comments there are some people saying to spray CRC on the map sensor location, maybe I will give it a try.

Going in through the side port if you have a boost tap, or the top MAP sensor port will both do the same thing, the CRC spray will end up in the same place. I'd go in through the MAP port long before going through the air intake.