GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI shudders under hard acceleration

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
I've been using the CRC cleaner and a stopper for years now. Don't forget to unplug the MAP sensor or the car won't idle. I also only use a half a can, that's plenty. Definitely do the soak while changing the oil and 3K-4K drive immediately afterwards.
Shit that’s the problem! I didn’t unplug the map sensor ..... uhhhh what a dummy. Thanks for the tip. I will be sure to do that next go round.

jtaskew

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been using the CRC cleaner and a stopper for years now. Don't forget to unplug the MAP sensor or the car won't idle. I also only use a half a can, that's plenty. Definitely do the soak while changing the oil and 3K-4K drive immediately afterwards.
Sorry the thread is so old but I have a question. I am planning to CRC through MAP and yesterday I started to do the cleaning. I removed the MAP sensor, unplugged the harness and cranked the engine it immediately stalled. In the past on other cards I have had to keep throttle going in order to keep it from stalling. From what I am reading though it seems that the car should not stall with MAP removed and unplugged. Is the car supposed to stall? Also, what is the best way to clean the MAP? Thanks!

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
You have to unplug the map and remove it, but you also have to plug the gaping hole that the map left in your intake manifold. It will see it as an intake leak, stall, and throw an EPC.

I use a 00 rubber stopper with a single hole, and 1/8" tubing between the stopper and the can.