GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI service intervals

myke1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 SE DSG|19 STI WP
Hey guys,

I just got a 2015 GTI SE DSG with 36,900k miles (not my first MK7 GTI). Since i'm not positive on the service history and quick google searches is actually more confusing than helpful..what service should I get first?

I'm thinking just bringing it to an Audi/VW shop and just say go through the whole thing. That can be costly....I'm thinking Oil and DSG service 1st. Then coolant and break fluid?

Any input would be great!

Thanks!

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Did you not get the maintenance booklet with your car that you bought used?

from a VW dealership? other dealership or private sale?

Your next service is technically the 40,000 mile service. If the brake fluid hasn't been done it... do it also, since it's 3 years initial and every 2 years thereafter

myke1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 SE DSG|19 STI WP
Did you not get the maintenance booklet with your car that you bought used?

from a VW dealership? other dealership or private sale?

Your next service is technically the 40,000 mile service. If the brake fluid hasn't been done it... do it also, since it's 3 years initial and every 2 years thereafter

No, no manual. Bought it from my father in-law and he throws everything out.

myke1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 SE DSG|19 STI WP

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid

ToddMS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI SE
From VW - 2015 was blank so went with 2016

Attachments

• 0E514A33-6E3B-4C2A-9267-B96F5E7EDB71.png
    0E514A33-6E3B-4C2A-9267-B96F5E7EDB71.png
    533.5 KB · Views: 1,378
  • EED5C2A3-7AE0-4402-BD82-EF1D25FF13B3.png
    EED5C2A3-7AE0-4402-BD82-EF1D25FF13B3.png
    551.6 KB · Views: 4,987
  • D87B5EB4-7906-4CBF-A032-B9763ED810C3.png
    D87B5EB4-7906-4CBF-A032-B9763ED810C3.png
    508.3 KB · Views: 576

myke1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 SE DSG|19 STI WP
Change DSG fluid and filter. Do an oil change. Check spar plugs, rotors, and brake pads.

Yeah, I will. Breaks feel great but still going to check.

From VW - 2015 was blank so went with 2016

Super helpful thanks!

I just have to figure out if i'm going to the dealer or independent shop?

locness

I'm at 33k in a 2017 SE.
Owned it since new. I did oil changes every 5k but this time I'm going to wait and do: dsg, oil, and brake flush all at once at 40k (or the end of the year whichever comes first). Also will need to weigh whether I will go to the dealer or not. I've been going to the dealer for oil changes because it wasn't expensive.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I'm at 33k in a 2017 SE.
Owned it since new. I did oil changes every 5k but this time I'm going to wait and do: dsg, oil, and brake flush all at once at 40k (or the end of the year whichever comes first). Also will need to weigh whether I will go to the dealer or not. I've been going to the dealer for oil changes because it wasn't expensive.

Do the spark plugs as well! They made a huge difference on my GTI with about the same mileage. Nothing else I had done during my 40K service would have effected the performance unless it's the new special "VW" oil they are using lol

locness

Do the spark plugs as well! They made a huge difference on my GTI with about the same mileage. Nothing else I had done during my 40K service would have effected the performance unless it's the new special "VW" oil they are using lol
welp I guess the maintenance bill at 40k is going to be really big

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
welp I guess the maintenance bill at 40k is going to be really big

I had mine done at the dealer and the total was about $500 with their "employee pricing" special while we were on safer at home orders. I asked around here and someone paid more at an independent shop so it seemed like a great deal. Since you have quite a few miles to go keep an eye out for specials like that and do the service early like I did if it will save you money. Without the special they would have charged nearly a couple hundred more for labor!

locness

I had mine done at the dealer and the total was about $500 with their "employee pricing" special while we were on safer at home orders. I asked around here and someone paid more at an independent shop so it seemed like a great deal. Since you have quite a few miles to go keep an eye out for specials like that and do the service early like I did if it will save you money. Without the special they would have charged nearly a couple hundred more for labor!
What all did you get done for $500?
I'm doing oil, dsg, brake fluid, and now also spark plugs.