GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Retrofit ideas

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Dang.. thank you for checking though. It should be the right one but we’ll see lol.

Oh yeah the leak detection module, right? How did you end up mounting the pump, btw? I was thinking just to move that little module somewhere else, maybe in the wheel well, and clip the pump in using the bracket. But that’s when I saw my pump has the wrong bracket and it looked too wide also. The J version is more square.
View attachment 223498
I mounted it on the right side frame rail in rubber mounting bracket. Imma try and get a picture when i get home.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Screenshot_20210823-193405_Chrome.jpg

Could not get a pic, but the circle is where I put it.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Ok, cool, so it’s right there basically. Well I’ll see what happens 👍
Ya, its right where the gas line comes out of the body going up to the heater, and maybe 6 inches of fuel line to the top of the tank.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Do you have the metal coolant lines that run along the firewall, im cleaning my garage and i found an vw box with the webasto coolant lines

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Do you have the metal coolant lines that run along the firewall, im cleaning my garage and i found an vw box with the webasto coolant lines
I have them actually, but thanks though.

Got my new fuel pump yesterday so we’re back in business, hopefully.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I have them actually, but thanks though.

Got my new fuel pump yesterday so we’re back in business, hopefully.
Did you ever finish the retrofit?

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Did you ever finish the retrofit?
I still haven’t, unfortunately.. The latest thing I’ve done is run the fuel line. I’m hoping to get a good chunk of it done this thanksgiving weekend.

How’s yours working? It must be friggin awesome right now with the temps getting lower.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I still haven’t, unfortunately.. The latest thing I’ve done is run the fuel line. I’m hoping to get a good chunk of it done this thanksgiving weekend.

How’s yours working? It must be friggin awesome right now with the temps getting lower.
My apartment is to far away for the remote unfortunately, but the timer works thank God. It is amazing, best retrofit in my opinion. More people should do it.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
My apartment is to far away for the remote unfortunately, but the timer works thank God. It is amazing, best retrofit in my opinion. More people should do it.
My frozen ass self is jealous 😂 I have to get going on it.

So do you set it to warm up by a certain time? That whole interface works and everything?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
My frozen ass self is jealous 😂 I have to get going on it.

So do you set it to warm up by a certain time? That whole interface works and everything?
Ya you can set the day, hour and minute in 15 minute increments. Interface works as it should. I ended up getting a euro climate panel with the aux heating button

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
No. I probably should have documented them more.