GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Retrofit ideas

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Yes.

16168511385375219043948125140594.jpg

The one that doesn't fit has the connector 90 degrees from the inlet. The one that does fit the connector is inline with it.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
🤩 that’s awesome. I hope the one I have will fit.. Is it the electrical connector that plugs into that circulation pump on the bottom?
This is gonna turn out to be alot harder than I thought. Running the coolant lines with the downpipe in was a pain. I had to cobble together some lines. Running the fuel line was easy, but had to remove the motor mount. Haven't even started the wiring or mounting the pump

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
This is gonna turn out to be alot harder than I thought. Running the coolant lines with the downpipe in was a pain. I had to cobble together some lines. Running the fuel line was easy, but had to remove the motor mount. Haven't even started the wiring or mounting the pump
Yeah I considered starting today but instead I worked on tinting my fog lights. I figure the heater would take me at least a 3 day weekend so I aborted the mission lol. My plan right now is to get the wire harness in, then the heater and coolant lines, then do the fuel pump. Though as you are saying, it’s probably going to be 10x harder than originally thought 💀

I did have part of the wheel liners off though so I wanted to see if my heater interferes with the fog light. Idk if it’s because I have a Mk7.5 but mine does fit, bareeeely. It’s very close, probably only a couple mm’s. I’m happy though, ordering another pump would suck.

699FFC95-99A1-4C8E-A551-380D6DC339A4.jpeg

23CDB85C-CC30-4D52-A317-02C9422DB361.jpeg

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
And now the fun begins. Started the wiring, followed kufatec directions and it didnt work. Kufatec says to connect to extended can, vw says infotainment. And finding fuel lines that are as small as the stand pipe, and dosing pump is proving difficult. Went to a couple of parts stores on saturday and couldnt find any.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
And now the fun begins. Started the wiring, followed kufatec directions and it didnt work. Kufatec says to connect to extended can, vw says infotainment. And finding fuel lines that are as small as the stand pipe, and dosing pump is proving difficult. Went to a couple of parts stores on saturday and couldnt find any.
What size fuel lines are you looking for? What material?

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Yeah Kufatec’s harness is good but their instructions are no good haha. All I’ve done so far is remove the backseat and the door sill trim.

I saw where it said pin 7 and 17 on the gateway and thought that didn’t make sense. The infotainment bus is on pin 10 and 20. I ordered a can bus gateway extender splitter thing that should make it easier. I thought about connecting to it behind the MIB2 but it looks like a pain routing the wires back there.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
What size fuel lines are you looking for? What material?
I have no idea what size, thats the problem. The webasto instructions dont really help, they just list webasto part numbers. And looking for those didnt help. I guess it isnt a standard size because as of now, ive been unable to find locally.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Yeah Kufatec’s harness is good but their instructions are no good haha. All I’ve done so far is remove the backseat and the door sill trim.

I saw where it said pin 7 and 17 on the gateway and thought that didn’t make sense. The infotainment bus is on pin 10 and 20. I ordered a can bus gateway extender splitter thing that should make it easier. I thought about connecting to it behind the MIB2 but it looks like a pain routing the wires back there.
Ya usually they give pictures of how to run the wires, and good instructions where to connect things. But these instruction where just bad. And i think i routed it wrong. I used the grommet on the drivers side, and the wiring going to the dosing pump isnt long enough. But it gave me a reason to tidy up the wiring for my xenon retrofit.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I have no idea what size, thats the problem. The webasto instructions dont really help, they just list webasto part numbers. And looking for those didnt help. I guess it isnt a standard size because as of now, ive been unable to find locally.

I didn't know if you were looking for 1/4" or what. Brake line comes in many materials and 1/4" and 3/8" sizes.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I used the grommet on the drivers side, and the wiring going to the dosing pump isnt long enough.
Oh shit lol. For real? That’s how I was planning to do it 💀 Is there another grommet?

I love their instructions where it says “find a suitable place to bring the wires into the vehicle”. Like wow that’s so helpful, thanks.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Oh shit lol. For real? That’s how I was planning to do it 💀 Is there another grommet?

I love their instructions where it says “find a suitable place to bring the wires into the vehicle”. Like wow that’s so helpful, thanks.
I didn't even look, but to get the wires through the fuel pump cover they gotta be cut anyway.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Low pressure rubber. I think the ID is between 3 and 5mm

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
@xabhax If you don’t mind me picking your brain, how was it connecting the hoses to the auxiliary heater pump (under the turbo?) I feel like I’m gonna need to take out the battery, intake, and turbo inlet elbow at least.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I'm a tech at a dealer so I have access to a life. I took out the downpipe. I did that part from the bottom. But just looking at it removing the battery should give you enough room. The metal hard lines tht run long the firewall look like you need to remove the downpipe anyway