GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Retrofit ideas

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Well, somewhat lucky, lol. I have another order that just shipped out today. So it’ll be a while before I can start.

That’s what happened with my order too, it was “IPZ Frankfurt” until it appeared in New York a couple weeks later.
How long was your sitting there. Its been almost a month, im about to file a claim.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
How long was your sitting there. Its been almost a month, im about to file a claim.
So it got to Frankfurt on Feb 18 and I got it on Mar 6, so a bit more than 2 weeks. But... right after I ordered it, the eBay seller sent me a message saying it would be shipped by sea (DHL Paket), asking if I wanted to pay €40 more for DHL Paket Premium service. (The shipping was originally only $10 so too cheap for a 10lb box to arrive any time soon). I paid the extra because I really didn’t want to wait that long haha. So I bet that’s what did it for me.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
So it got to Frankfurt on Feb 18 and I got it on Mar 6, so a bit more than 2 weeks. But... right after I ordered it, the eBay seller sent me a message saying it would be shipped by sea (DHL Paket), asking if I wanted to pay €40 more for DHL Paket Premium service. (The shipping was originally only $10 so too cheap for a 10lb box to arrive any time soon). I paid the extra because I really didn’t want to wait that long haha. So I bet that’s what did it for me.
Shit, shipping on mine was $90.00.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Shit, shipping on mine was $90.00.
At that price it should have been delivered by Santa Claus himself 😂. Did you get it off eBay? See if the seller can help look into it.

I paid not very much money for the Kufatec harness shipping (fedex) and it arrived in 1 day from Germany, no joke. I also ordered the remote control from Slovakia with free, crappy shipping as the only option and it has been more than a month. Also ordered from Cars245 and that will also probably take a month. 🤷‍♂️ Oh well. People are putting their lives on the line to get me my first-world-problem car parts so I’m not complaining too much lol.

Hopefully you can see what’s going on with the heater though, it shouldn’t be taking that long.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
At that price it should have been delivered by Santa Claus himself 😂. Did you get it off eBay? See if the seller can help look into it.

I paid not very much money for the Kufatec harness shipping (fedex) and it arrived in 1 day from Germany, no joke. I also ordered the remote control from Slovakia with free, crappy shipping as the only option and it has been more than a month. Also ordered from Cars245 and that will also probably take a month. 🤷‍♂️ Oh well. People are putting their lives on the line to get me my first-world-problem car parts so I’m not complaining too much lol.

Hopefully you can see what’s going on with the heater though, it shouldn’t be taking that long.
I did ask the seller and got a canned response about Covid. When i ordered tail lights from kufatec. I got the lights from germany faster than i got harness from florida. If only kufatec sold oem parts.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I did ask the seller and got a canned response about Covid. When i ordered tail lights from kufatec. I got the lights from germany faster than i got harness from florida. If only kufatec sold oem parts.
I know right, Kufatec should be in charge of shipping for everyone.

They might not reveal it but maybe the seller will tell you if they added Premium service. If not, it’s definitely coming by boat.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I know right, Kufatec should be in charge of shipping for everyone.

They might not reveal it but maybe the seller will tell you if they added Premium service. If not, it’s definitely coming by boat.
It would be sweet if there was a company in america that sold retrofit kits. wonder if there is a market for it

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
It would be sweet if there was a company in america that sold retrofit kits. wonder if there is a market for it

Yeah I don’t know why even VW doesn’t offer this as a retrofit, they could make so much money at the dealer. It’s basically a remote start but better. 🤷‍♂️ And it’s perfect for manual cars.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Seller is being a douche, i ended up ordering another one. Being delivered on Friday. Hopefully i can starting installation next week

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Seller is being a douche, i ended up ordering another one. Being delivered on Friday. Hopefully i can starting installation next week
That sucks :-/ At least you’ll get one soon though, I’m pumped to see when you make progress. Can you get eBay to do something about it?

I have a feeling my remaining parts will take forever to arrive 💀 Cars245 has a totally different shipping time on their website (5-7 days) vs when you ask them (at least 21 days), which I’m pretty salty about. If they hadn’t been misleading then I would have easily paid $10 more for FedEx.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
That sucks :-/ At least you’ll get one soon though, I’m pumped to see when you make progress. Can you get eBay to do something about it?

I have a feeling my remaining parts will take forever to arrive 💀 Cars245 has a totally different shipping time on their website (5-7 days) vs when you ask them (at least 21 days), which I’m pretty salty about. If they hadn’t been misleading then I would have easily paid $10 more for FedEx.
Try using www.oemvwshop.com next time. I ordered the gas lines from them. Took 3 days to process, and 4 days from that be delivered.

I ask the seller to contact duetsche post and inquire about the package, and he blew me off. I told him next week I'm filing a claim, and if that doesn't work I'm calling my credit card company. Even if it went by boat, it takes 15-20 days. Its almost double that at this point

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Try using www.oemvwshop.com next time. I ordered the gas lines from them. Took 3 days to process, and 4 days from that be delivered.
Wow, I should have ordered from those guys. Next time for sure, thanks. That’s so much faster than Cars245. It took them 12 (business) days just to process the order. Now it’s stuck on “label created, not yet in system” for a week and a half. ⚰️

I ask the seller to contact duetsche post and inquire about the package, and he blew me off. I told him next week I'm filing a claim, and if that doesn't work I'm calling my credit card company. Even if it went by boat, it takes 15-20 days. Its almost double that at this point
Yeah that’s a joke. We ordered around the same time and I got mine almost 2 weeks ago now.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
The second one i ordered got delivered today. Just waiting on the coolant lines. Should be all set to install next Saturday. Ill take pics, and try and do a write up. Probably wont be very good though.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Hi,
some further suggestions for retrofitting:

Golf MK8 GTI/GTD/R seats
Golf MK 8 underbody aero parts
Golf MK 8 GTI heated steering wheel
Predictive ACC (pACC)
356 mm drilled front brake discs from Golf 8 clubsport/R (or the 340 mm drilled discs from MK 7 TCR)
Ferodo DSP brake linings
Better brake fluid (higher boiling point)
Helix PP 62/82 DSP soundupgrade with Helix speakers
Do you have any info on a MK8 heated steering wheel. I saw a video of one that was swapped in a GTI, and a short article on drive2.ru. No explainations other than the article on drive2.ru saying it was a pain in the ass.

miraclem

Car(s)
VW Golf 7
Hello guys !

I have VW Golf 7 2.0tdi 6dsg from few months and the car have full ambient light package, but only in front. The back seats don't have any lights, even under the front seats.
Question - how i can activate the lightning brightness from my info system - what is the codding ?

Question 2 - i have only humidity sensor on my windshield and I want to upgrade to RLHS sensor.
What sensor with what OEM/part number should i search ? Do i need extra wiring when i install it ? And what are the codding also ?

p.s I have latest software VCDS.

Thank you in advice.