GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Retrofit ideas

xabhax

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15 GTI
Yes.

16168511385375219043948125140594.jpg

The one that doesn't fit has the connector 90 degrees from the inlet. The one that does fit the connector is inline with it.

xabhax

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15 GTI
🤩 that’s awesome. I hope the one I have will fit.. Is it the electrical connector that plugs into that circulation pump on the bottom?
This is gonna turn out to be alot harder than I thought. Running the coolant lines with the downpipe in was a pain. I had to cobble together some lines. Running the fuel line was easy, but had to remove the motor mount. Haven't even started the wiring or mounting the pump

2018gti

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn 6MT
This is gonna turn out to be alot harder than I thought. Running the coolant lines with the downpipe in was a pain. I had to cobble together some lines. Running the fuel line was easy, but had to remove the motor mount. Haven't even started the wiring or mounting the pump
Yeah I considered starting today but instead I worked on tinting my fog lights. I figure the heater would take me at least a 3 day weekend so I aborted the mission lol. My plan right now is to get the wire harness in, then the heater and coolant lines, then do the fuel pump. Though as you are saying, it’s probably going to be 10x harder than originally thought 💀

I did have part of the wheel liners off though so I wanted to see if my heater interferes with the fog light. Idk if it’s because I have a Mk7.5 but mine does fit, bareeeely. It’s very close, probably only a couple mm’s. I’m happy though, ordering another pump would suck.

699FFC95-99A1-4C8E-A551-380D6DC339A4.jpeg

23CDB85C-CC30-4D52-A317-02C9422DB361.jpeg