Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
First round vents... now this :iono:

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
I hate the mk7 door handles, ruins the body lines of the car

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
You can't compare round vents to this brah! You can't change round vents- its like that hideous mole you can't get rid off. That wing pfffff... that wing can be snapped of and its fix. Kinda like circumcision, hope that makes sense

kona

the Mk7 has round vents? dafaq:confused:

There's been a shit ton of hate toward the Mk7, which is unjustified - the car is a solid platform.

It's solid, but there are downgrades vs mk6. An example of a downgrade is the battery sleeve. What did vw save? 2 bux?

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
By the way, these extensions have become partially dislodged on the MK7's of more than one owner.
Seems they're 3M taped on or by some similar method of adhesion.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
My guess is the fins would eliminate the dirty ass the MK6 gets all he time. I swear there's a dead air zone on our rear where shit just accumulates.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I didn't like them at first, but once I saw the car in person they didn't stand out too much.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
My guess is the fins would eliminate the dirty ass the MK6 gets all he time. I swear there's a dead air zone on our rear where shit just accumulates.

I can't agree with you more on this... Why does the back end collect so much dirt??? :mad0259:

spiker369

on air, don't care
I can't agree with you more on this... Why does the back end collect so much dirt??? :mad0259:

physics. And something tells me the addition of the little fins won't help.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, looks like I'll just have to keep cleaning.. :(

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
physics. And something tells me the addition of the little fins won't

^+1. I've seen discussions on various Mk7 forums where GTI owners in the UK have commented on how dirty the rear hatch gets when the roads are wet and dirty.

As ElectricEye has said, the fins are just taped on, and there have been instances of them coming unstuck and / or not being stuck on level and straight in the first instance on the production line in the factory.

mmmoose

Ready to race!
It's solid, but there are downgrades vs mk6. An example of a downgrade is the battery sleeve. What did vw save? 2 bux?

The flimsy felt box bothers me too. It's like someone said, "I'd like to have my leftover battery to go in a box, please." It's strange how they managed to make the plain old plastic box from the Mk6 look luxurious by comparison.

I'm also not a fan of the new panoramic sliding sunroof. It looks so awkward and ugly in anything but a black GTI. It's like the roof of the car has a receding hairline or something.

I'm also not a fan of the rear window wings. It's one of the first things I noticed from the reveal pictures. The car looks so much better without it.

In fact call me crazy but overall the base Golf design actually ends up looking better than the GTI IMO.

I could say the same with the new Mini Cooper. The new S looks so hideous compared to its base trim model. What is going on with manufacturers uglifying their sport trim models?!? :iono: