GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 gti headlight sweep problem

gobbligook

Car(s)
vw mk7 golf
Hi folks, bit of an odd problem.

I was in a collision a while back that required replacement of my passenger side headlight assembly. I have a 2015 golf gti with the dynamic light package. The collision shop did the work and everything is good except since then when my headlights sweep/calibrate after starting the vehicle, my right headlight sweeps left, then right, then up and down. My left headlight sweeps up and down, then right and left. Before the collision, both lights would sweep in the same sequence. Has anyone had this problem?

Mrgrimloc79

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 gti se
I would get in touch with either the dealership or that body shop to make it right otherwise the only suggestion I would have is to get an OBD11 there's a app on there that will let you set your headlights to do the sweep if they didn't already. But then I'm not sure then if it will reset the sequence.

gobbligook

Car(s)
vw mk7 golf
No, I didn't inform the collision shop. I figured it was something I could just do in the garage to fix. I'll reach out to them and see what they say. Thanks for the suggestion on the OBD11.

Mrgrimloc79

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 gti se
Screenshot_20220123-213921_OBDeleven.jpg
If you do get OBD11 (which I recommend just because it's cool) I circled the app that will let you maybe reset that problem

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Does the light swivel work properly? Set in sport in menu settings to see. If they work properly and you are not getting flashed I would just ignore it

Mud