GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI DIFFERENTIAL

João

Dear all,
When I first read about the MK7 active LSD, I tough I would work as the Audi`s Sport Differential, a normal open diff with a set of electro-hydraulic controlled wet clutches for each wheel. But then I learned that it has just one set of clutches on the right side of the open differential. How does that work? How does the car send up to 100% of power to the outside wheel in a right bend?
Hope that someone can help me understand this…
By the way, I am thinking of buying the car! It will be available here in Portugal in this summer from what I understand. I was considering a BMW M135i but now…
Regards

Last edited:

João

Thank you very much for your answer. The link is very nice, I haven't read it before, I have however seen the video, it was actually in the video that I first learned that the differential has just one set of clutches.
This video shows how the Audi Sports Differential works - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQowh2Kr38s
So again, what I am struggling to understand is how with a single set of clutches the differential is able to conveniently increase the amount of torque going to the outside wheel in the side opposite to the one that has the set of clutches. See what I mean?
Thank you again
Regards