GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Clubsport Canards

dpavel918

Alright, so I have had my 2017 MKII GTI S for 7 months now. I love the damn thing and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I have enjoyed the car over the summer and now I am building my wishlist of parts to purchase over the winter in order to get ready for next summer. So I can be fully prepared for some car meets that I am looking forward too.

What's the problem?

There's one thing that I really want and I am certain others want as well. Well for one thing it's the Clubsport GTI. Well Volkswagen already announced they will producing only 400 of them. Unfortunately, the Clubsport is out of my price range. One thing stuck with me about the Clubsport. It's those canards https://imgur.com/a/4ln5s on the front bumper that has a hole for air to go through. https://imgur.com/a/f5DCU. In the US, if you have any GTI model you have fog lights in place. https://imgur.com/a/gSgta. Well, I really want those canards on my car as well.

Well go buy them then

Unfortunately, for anyone to get those canards on their car there's two ways to do it.

Buy a Clubsport

or

Buy a Clubsport conversion bumper.

That raises some problems, like how we cant even get a Clubsport in the US. Otherwise you can fetch up $2,000 for a bumper that is only primed, so now you have to get it paint matched and then install it on your car.
I don't think coughing up $2,400+ for some canards will be the best financial decision.
I already spoke to my Volkswagen dealer to see maybe if I can just buy the canards from them. wellllllllll no. They can't because it's an exclusive part for Europe right now and even then it wont work with the US GTI bumper. The canards on the Clubsport actually clip onto the bumper itself and the bumper have indents specifically for it.

So now what?

Well, im currently working with some designers that work with 3ds max, and other modeling software to get a 3D model of it. I am also working with a company to get these manufactured as well. I am working to get people like me who have a GTI and want those canards for a more aggressive look. They will be easy to install and will look very similar to the Clubsport canards. The company I am working with to get these manufactured already manufactures aftermarket parts for the GTI, and they are ecstatic to see these.

What does this have to do with you?

Well I have a kickstarter up and I need some funding help. Molding, materials and just making the product will be a pretty penny, but I need some help. I've already put a lot of funding into it, but to get these a lot sooner, I'm going to need some help.
Thank you for reading, and drive safe out there!

Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1235667797/mk7-volkswagen-gti-front-fog-light-canards

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Current MK7 bumpers are different than the Clubsport bumper. I assume that is taken into account. The photo you have on the GFME website is just an example of the real thing, not the one you are making?

AKF427

Ready to race!
Will the Clubsport be imported into the USA? If yes, when? I thought it was just a Euro car? Thanks.

dpavel918

Current MK7 bumpers are different than the Clubsport bumper. I assume that is taken into account. The photo you have on the GFME website is just an example of the real thing, not the one you are making?

Correct, the Clubsport bumpers have different dimensions than the USA GTI bumpers. This is taken into account and these will be made for NA GTI bumpers that will resemble the Clubsport Canards, just on a GTI bumper. We don't have any prototypes yet, but I am working on it.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Interested, as I love the Clubsport Canards and MK7.5 Canards have sort of a scoop look to them as well. (Although not a fan of the MK7.5 headlight/taillight changes) Even if they aren't exact replicas, anything with that scoop look would be nice if the fitment is perfect.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Interested if it doesn’t look totally retarded with the non CS bumper

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Do these interfere with foglight operation?

SRS has a less extreme version of these, but they never replied to my inquiry about whether their version would interfere with the fog beam.

I’m not sure if the Clubsport edition even has functioning fogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
I’m not sure if the Clubsport edition even has functioning fogs

It does not. Those bits on the front are actually brake cooling ducts. In addition to a different bumper, there are different fender liners and ducts, etc.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
I would SO buy if they become a thing. I am obsessed with them too. Same with the 7.5.

Just now learning about SRS. Liking those too! They say "glue". Take it they dont mean with 3M tape? LOL.

SkiZZy1

Passed Driver's Ed
As soon as I see what they will look like on a normal bumper I'm in!