GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Brake Caliper on TSI

larf

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Hi! I wanted to ask if the front brake calipers on the GTI fit on Golf TSI. I am planning to maybe change my front calipers into the GTI calipers and then just paint my rear brake calipers red. Also, would I need to change my rear brake calipers if I do decide to change my front brake calipers into the GTI calipers? Let me know. Thank you.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
They'll fit. You don't need to change the rears.

Haven't done it myself, but it's a pretty common swap.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
^what he said.

Just remember if you are going to remove the rear calipers you're going to need more than a c-clamp to retract the piston since it requires both rotation and compression. You'll need something like this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071F1KPPX/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A2IFR2W3SIJRXZ&psc=1

You'll also need to bleed the brakes after. Strongly recommend using a pressurized bleeder rather than having a buddy pump the brakes in the car. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/po...Ab04i2z6iT3Q8XrRED812wRkYuRjqjkUaAlu1EALw_wcB

And it should go without saying but, make sure you have the proper rotor size for the caliper you're installing. The GTI came with PP and non-PP brakes, which are paired with either 340mm or 312mm front rotors.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Hi! I wanted to ask if the front brake calipers on the GTI fit on Golf TSI. I am planning to maybe change my front calipers into the GTI calipers and then just paint my rear brake calipers red. Also, would I need to change my rear brake calipers if I do decide to change my front brake calipers into the GTI calipers? Let me know. Thank you.
non PP GTI front calipers are exactly the same as the standard golf caliper. the only difference between the two are the caliper bracket and the rotor.

Rollux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 1.4TSi
You will need to change the front rotors regardless of which GTI Caliper you fit

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
So, I would need to maybe change the front rotors to be able to change into the GTI PP calipers?
Yes if you want to change to PP calipers, you will the full capilers, caliper brackets and the 340mm rotors. If you just want to change to the non PP gti front brakes, you will need the 312mm rotors and caliper brackets only.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
If you're going with PP brakes now would also be the best time to swap out the brake lines since everything will be out.

If you're doing the 312mm you wouldn't need to remove your caliper/lines to swap the rotor and bracket. Just make sure it's supported rather than hanging there while you're swapping the bracket.

gtiguy482

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
‘19 Tornado Red GSW