GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI 2015. Brake pedal soft after brake upgrade?

akgolfpro

I installed S4 calipers on my car and new lines, I have bleed the brakes 3 times and can’t get any air out. Also have a VCDS and go into brake bleed and run the pump flushing fluid.
These calipers have a slightly larger piston than the MK5 R32 and I’m hoping that is not the problem.
I have read that it’s possible to get air in the abs system which I’m hoping is the problem but I have tried flushing the line with the pump going on the car but no improvement. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 870
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 202

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
I have heard that cycling the abs pump like you did in the mk5/mk6 doesn't help getting the air out or doesn't do it efficiently. You need pressure bleeder with 30 psi to do it. Have you tried tapping the calipers with a rubber mallet while bleeding? Did you let the lines drip to empty when you were swapping them?

akgolfpro

Ya, replaced the lines. Just bleed them at 30psi and they are the same. I think the last chance I have is if there is a pocket of air in the calipers. Going to have to pull them off and try bleeding with the valve at the highest point.
seems like the bleeders are pretty high on the calipers but running out of ideas.
if that doesn’t work I will just go back to stock

akgolfpro

After looking at the second pic, I guess it is possible for the where the bleeder is to be a pocket of air causing all the problems I’m having. Not sure if pressure bleeding removes pockets of air

akgolfpro

All fixed, B6 S4 calipers and mk5 R32 disks are a success. Also ordered +4” brake lines with M10x1 90deg on one end because the hard line was removed. Only pd $130 for the calipers on eBay so was a cheap upgrade.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 170

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Please share your final solution... and also, where did you order your brake lines from? And what fittings did you request?