GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI 2.0T ACT Performance Street Clutch Kit

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
The sales tech, is not aware of the the compatibility.... cause thiers system hasn’t been updated, last year when I got first got my 2019 a lot of websites I had to search for parts as my car being a 2018 cause items that I knew would fit as the drivetrain is the same listed as not fitting.

If you go to clutch masters website they are still so delayed they only show clutch’s for like 2015/2016 model years... they are the same as I ran one on my 2019 GTI. Same goes for the dkm I have in the car now, it’s the same kit and part number for the 7 and 7.5

If you are set with ACT you should email back and advise them that the cars share the same engine and trans.
I know it’s been a while and sorry for bothering.. But did you like your ACT? I can get one for around $1150 plus $675 installed and was thinking about pulling the trigger :D

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I know it’s been a while and sorry for bothering.. But did you like your ACT? I can get one for around $1150 plus $675 installed and was thinking about pulling the trigger :D
I don’t have the ACT... @BadHombre760 did have one Installed a few months ago After he got to drive my car with the DKM twin...lol.

I’ve run the clutch master fx500 and now I’m running the dkm twin disc, the CM was great for pedal feel but the ceramic puck nature was a little hard for me to get used to the “on / off” switch like feel.

But honestly - the dkm Twin...not a fan of this things pedal feel at all for a DD, lol. I think daily about bitting the bullet and just calling it a loss and going with something else 😩

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
The ACT clutch is great so far. Really happy with the pedal weight and how smoothly it grabs. 1k-2k rpms sounds like a tractor but honestly I don't mind a little extra low-end noise.

The DKM was good too but I was surprised how heavy the pedal was. I have no plans of going anywhere near 600+lbft in this car so the extra ~$300 for DKM seemed a little overkill for my needs. And tbh all the stories about crank walk with DKM clutches had me a bit worried, not that that can't still happen but hopefully less likely 🤷‍♂️

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
I don’t have the ACT... @BadHombre760 did have one Installed a few months ago After he got to drive my car with the DKM twin...lol.

I’ve run the clutch master fx500 and now I’m running the dkm twin disc, the CM was great for pedal feel but the ceramic puck nature was a little hard for me to get used to the “on / off” switch like feel.

But honestly - the dkm Twin...not a fan of this things pedal feel at all for a DD, lol. I think daily about bitting the bullet and just calling it a loss and going with something else 😩
Thanks for the insight!

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
The ACT clutch is great so far. Really happy with the pedal weight and how smoothly it grabs. 1k-2k rpms sounds like a tractor but honestly I don't mind a little extra low-end noise.

The DKM was good too but I was surprised how heavy the pedal was. I have no plans of going anywhere near 600+lbft in this car so the extra ~$300 for DKM seemed a little overkill for my needs. And tbh all the stories about crank walk with DKM clutches had me a bit worried, not that that can't still happen but hopefully less likely 🤷‍♂️
Good to hear. I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on the DKM and then a local shop near me offered a good deal on the ACT with install. So, I am thinking of going that route. I am not too worried about price. I also don’t mind the chatter. I just want to make sure whatever I chose will last and not have any loose ends lol But, I guess that is the nature of the beast!

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed

🤣🤣🤣🤣 this will be clutch number 3

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Really? The pedal feel on mine is just like the stock clutch. Which TOB do you have with your kit?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Really? The pedal feel on mine is just like the stock clutch. Which TOB do you have with your kit?
Their newest all metal one, with dkm branding/stamping.
Kit was built by them back in September of 2020 too. It’s nothing like stock for me, the CM kit was very close to stock just a little heavier, , this one is not just a good bit heavier but when releasing the pedal you have to also be very mindful to go slow cause it want to go back up with some big force and regardless of gear if I let it up too quick the clutch discs always makes a crazy “pop/bark” sound.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Their newest all metal one, with dkm branding/stamping.
Kit was built by them back in September of 2020 too. It’s nothing like stock for me, the CM kit was very close to stock just a little heavier, , this one is not just a good bit heavier but when releasing the pedal you have to also be very mindful to go slow cause it want to go back up with some big force and regardless of gear if I let it up too quick the clutch discs always makes a crazy “pop/bark” sound.

That's nothing like mine and I bought it years ago. Did you use Loctite on all those bolts before tightening them down with the correct torque specs?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That's nothing like mine and I bought it years ago. Did you use Loctite on all those bolts before tightening them down with the correct torque specs?
Yup, 2 times now too. I personally removed it, inspected it and reinstalled, every thing with loctite and used a fresh digital wrench. Also Bench bled the hell out of it, as when the tech first installed of he didn’t and that was when I was dealing with all the engagement issues and it getting stuck in gear. Now that it’s bench bled it’s make a HUGH different in relation to where the pedal grabs (used to need to go all the way to the floor *no clutch stop in place to get the clutch to disengage) not it’s rather high.

While the feel of the pedal didn’t change and just the engagement location - that did fix all the engagement issues so that good.

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Yup, 2 times now too. I personally removed it, inspected it and reinstalled, every thing with loctite and used a fresh digital wrench. Also Bench bled the hell out of it, as when the tech first installed of he didn’t and that was when I was dealing with all the engagement issues and it getting stuck in gear. Now that it’s bench bled it’s make a HUGH different in relation to where the pedal grabs (used to need to go all the way to the floor *no clutch stop in place to get the clutch to disengage) not it’s rather high.

While the feel of the pedal didn’t change and just the engagement location - that did fix all the engagement issues so that good.

Iirc, you already took apart your transmission to inspect the forks and everything else. Everything was clear in there, correct?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Iirc, you already took apart your transmission to inspect the forks and everything else. Everything was clear in there, correct?
Yeah, all was good.

The TOB is deff. Different than the one that was in your kit (at least the physical dimensions of it) though, cause even when I had the trans on the table I couldn't make the spulen bleeder block fit like you did. I even cut the longer end of the block down and sanded the side of that goes towards the trans to take some of the meat off in an effort to fit it, but it still was to tight to the trans housing to fit. Like the nipple on mine is much longer and only let the stock bleeder fit.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Yeah, all was good.

The TOB is deff. Different than the one that was in your kit (at least the physical dimensions of it) though, cause even when I had the trans on the table I couldn't make the spulen bleeder block fit like you did. I even cut the longer end of the block down and sanded the side of that goes towards the trans to take some of the meat off in an effort to fit it, but it still was to tight to the trans housing to fit. Like the nipple on mine is much longer and only let the stock bleeder fit.

Hmm... Since everything else checks out good, maybe you just have a defective clutch?