GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI 1/4 WR Trap Speed [stock turbo]

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Always enjoy drag run videos, especially modded GTIs, but how anyone can have fun at a drag strip on street tires is a miracle. Recalling my first time back in the day with a V8 car on street tires and having to feather the throttle at launch, and running a crappy et nowhere near what the car was capable of, I hated it. The next time I showed up with MT slicks, and then had a blast! It feels so good to drop the hammer at launch and feel the rubber bite. and get a 1.6 sec 60' ft and scream on down to the finish. That's what drag racing is- and the launch is half the fun, at least it was for me.

But some guys are ok with playing footsie with the throttle at launch, and pissing around while the clock is laughing at them :D My hat is off to guys who are ok doing that and still have fun and don't have an urge to get out after the run and kick dents into their car. Seriously, I am in awe of guys who spend thousands upon thousands of dollars in mods for their car, but won't spend a few hundred bucks for sticky tires!**

**End of Rant

And now, As You Were, Gentlemen. Never mind my logic- do whatever the heck you want, because you were already going to do that anyway! :) Your "Roll Racers", yes, I get that...you just wanted to get a trap speed as an indication of your car's performance, or...something :confused: ...:D Nothing personal, all in good fun :eek: