GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTD, Spray jets don’t seem to be working?!

Jimmy_w1992

Hello all new to the forum and looking for some help please! Purchased a 2014 GTD this week but the wiper jets don’t seem to be spraying any washer fluid onto my windscreen or rear view screen. Seems really odd as I cannot hear a motor trying to work but the headlight washers are still working. From what I’ve read there is only one pump for all the jets so And there not fused so I’m assuming it’s a BCM issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jimmy

Jimmy_w1992

So I used my friends carista to scan for fault codes and it’s come back with 9 faults! But nothing that I can see relates to windscreen wiper pump/sprayer. Codes attached.
Any help regariding the faults would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim

Attachments

• BAC9E7C0-FD0F-4EAD-921D-F909DDE1D6E3.jpeg
    BAC9E7C0-FD0F-4EAD-921D-F909DDE1D6E3.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 41038B94-D5D2-4539-89EE-0BA0D60C5429.jpeg
    41038B94-D5D2-4539-89EE-0BA0D60C5429.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Firstly don’t worry about 16401 camshaft correlation sensor bank 1, it sounds bad but it’s actually that the TPMS warning has triggered at some point and carista likes to report it as the camshaft??!! ?‍♂️, probably best to reset the codes then drive the car and try and use the washers then scan again and see what pops back up,

This is probably the code that is your issue,
787211 - Windshield Washer Pump B1261 13 [008] - Open Circuit Intermittent,

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I deleted my post because I realized they do use the same pump. Sounds like a clogged hose or fitting to the W/W nozzles or possibly a weak pump. Never knew both W/W nozzles to clog at the same time unless you're using Kool-aide. I never saw a W/W fault, what exactly does it read? And do you use one of those premixed gallon jugs of piss?

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
But he said the headlight washer works and it's using the same pump according to the OP.
Yes, but he does have a code related to an open circuit for the washer pump?‍♂️

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes, but he does have a code related to an open circuit for the washer pump?‍♂️

If the headlight washer uses the same pump and it works then I would look for a plugged line or disconnected hose. That is only if the OP is correct that they use the same pump.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
If the headlight washer uses the same pump and it works then I would look for a plugged line or disconnected hose. That is only if the OP is correct that they use the same pump.
Front and rear screens use the same pump for sure, the headlight washers use a separate pump, I’ve definitely seen Mk7/7.5 washer bottles with two pumps, and if you think about how the headlight washers work giving two separate sprays in quick succession (even if your holding the screen washers on) it has to use a separate pump!
The OP has a code for an open circuit, it could be as simple as not being plugged in properly,
Windscreen/rear screen pump- 1K6955651
Headlight washer pump - 6R0955681

Last edited: