GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTD On VWR Springs

Alex Jeffrey

Thought I would share a few pics of my Tornado GTD now that I have it at my ideal spec. Fitted the springs last weekend and they are superb! The car sits so much better and they don’t change the ride quality of the car too much.
I have also fitted spacers on the front and rear to fill the arches slightly. Standard 18’s painted anthracite by Skidz in Falkirk and they look amazing! Hope everyone likes it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Looks great Alex. Especially like the wheels! Much better than the original diamond cut finish, and they go really well with Tornado Red.

Alex Jeffrey

Looks great Alex. Especially like the wheels! Much better than the original diamond cut finish, and they go really well with Tornado Red.

Thanks mate! Glad you like it. Only thing left to do are smaller front and rear number plates then a DTUK tuning box for some extra power [emoji87]

marvin1

Ready to race!
Thanks mate! Glad you like it. Only thing left to do are smaller front and rear number plates then a DTUK tuning box for some extra power [emoji87]

What is the legality of fitting smaller number plates or is Scotland exempt from UK's rules on size etc.?

Alex Jeffrey

Hi do you have any close up pictures of your wheels I’m not getting mine diamond cut again

I don’t but I will get you some mate! My wheels where in good condition but still fancied a change and I am really happy with how they turned out [emoji106]

StevoM81

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK8 GTI
Looks really good very similar to mine, only difference is I have a Rieger splitter but mine is not lowered.

hooch

@OP, i'm fitting VWR springs too and as my wheels need refurbing i was going to go with a grey on the wheels too, they have been previously refurbed diamond cut and the finish didn't last. By any chance would you have a colour code for the wheels?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
What wheels are those? Car looks great!

They’re the standard GTD Nogaro diamond cut wheels that have been refurbished in an anthracite powder coat / painted finish. IMO they look so much better than the OEM diamond cut finish, and much more durable and better suited to the UK weather than diamond cut alloys, especially during the winter months.