GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk7 gt tdi with bbs ck 19 anthracite

lesvw123

Ready to race!

Litsma1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, lesvw123~
what is the next modification on your car?
brake calipers, discs and pads??? :)

vwauto1

Great looking car! I wish the larger wheels and body kit was standard on the GT.

What did you do with the standard 17" alloys and did you get the body kit painted and fitted from your VW dealer? Did they do a good job? Lastly, what's the difference between a re-map and using a tuning box and have all the modifications increased your insurance premium significantly?

lesvw123

Ready to race!
The standard wheels are in my garage to refit when I sell it
The body kit was painted by a local paint shop i helped them fit it there mostly glued on so its quite easy the front spoiler you have to drill a few holes and glue and yes they made a good job
The tuning box connects securely to your car's fuel injection system and work in parallel with your engine's Engine Control Unit (a phrase often shortened to ECU within the industry). The product effectively adjusts and streamlines the engine's fuel injection parameters, including the timing, pressure and quantity of fuel added, to improve its overall performance quite significantly.
a remap changes the mapping in your ecu fuel pressure and turbo boost and lots more if you want it taken off you have to go back to the remap company or get a vw dealer to reflash your ecu back to standard settings
As for the insurance there ok with the body kit i just said it was genuine vw and was not charged anymore
The tuning box can not be traced so I have said nothing about that and it's hidden it takes 3 minutes to take off

Last edited:
The new GTI desperately needs this spoiler on it as a factory option! Why they are keeping the dinky little spoiler we see in the pictures is upsetting. I am in the market for a new GTI and was interested in the original posters new spoiler mod (Looks great by the way!). Could you please post a link to where you purchase the spoiler? I know you said it is straight from VW, but is there a link we could see and order it from in the future? Or was it a dealer only thing? Thanks!

lesvw123

Ready to race!
The new GTI desperately needs this spoiler on it as a factory option! Why they are keeping the dinky little spoiler we see in the pictures is upsetting. I am in the market for a new GTI and was interested in the original posters new spoiler mod (Looks great by the way!). Could you please post a link to where you purchase the spoiler? I know you said it is straight from VW, but is there a link we could see and order it from in the future? Or was it a dealer only thing? Thanks!

At the moment it's a dealer only order but if you want one ring round all the dealers I ordered my car from the vw dealers in Cumbria my wife ordered the front and rear spoiler as a Xmas present for me with them they gave her no discount on the parts even though we had spent all that money on the car so the side skirts I ordered from a dealer in Lancaster they knocked £25 off plus free delivery
I am sure the vw site will have the accessory brochure up and running soon with them on for the mk7
I got a pic off one of the salesman who had been to vw in germany he had taken pics of a car with the kit on

Moxib82

here is some pics taken again on my phone so not the best

Great looking motor pal! Is it the onyx white or the normal one

At the moment it's a dealer only order but if you want one ring round all the dealers I ordered my car from the vw dealers in Cumbria my wife ordered the front and rear spoiler as a Xmas present for me with them they gave her no discount on the parts even though we had spent all that money on the car so the side skirts I ordered from a dealer in Lancaster they knocked £25 off plus free delivery
I am sure the vw site will have the accessory brochure up and running soon with them on for the mk7
I got a pic off one of the salesman who had been to vw in germany he had taken pics of a car with the kit on

So are you saying that possibly the factory GTI's may have this spoiler on them when it comes out??