GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 golf rear breaks upgrade

Kotte900

Hi, I would like to know it I could mount plug and play Tiguan mk2( Ad1) 2.0 Tfsi 220hp rear breaking system on my Mk7 golf 2.0 Tdi 150 Hp.
thanks.

Attachments

• 9B22C3DC-3829-49BD-8DF1-8A79FEC7F2A5.jpeg
    9B22C3DC-3829-49BD-8DF1-8A79FEC7F2A5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
  • CBC03810-DAB9-45E7-A4DE-EC62829C80E9.jpeg
    CBC03810-DAB9-45E7-A4DE-EC62829C80E9.jpeg
    767.6 KB · Views: 74

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
I don’t have an answer but people swap over the pp rear brakes. I believe they have to get custom brake lines made. That’s all I got. @Cuzoe may have more help. He’s tdi and swapped his rear brakes recently.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The brakes will most likely bolt up, as both cars are MQB and (I'm assuming) both are independent rear suspension. Your pictures aren't labeled but I assume those are the brakes from the Tiguan... does your TDI have electronic parking brake?

If yes it should be pretty easy to check fitment, just pull one wheel off and hold up the Tiguan brakes next to your existing one and see how/if things will line up. You may need new lines if the Tiguan brake will end up at different clock position from your stock ones. If your TDI does not have electronic parking brake you now have a lot of work to do. And it's work that I haven't seen anyone do though in theory it should be possible.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Do you already have the brakes on you? If so it'd be easy to do a quick test fit. If they bolt up then it's likely mostly plug and play, and if the brake lines don't fit then I bet either tiguan ones would work or custom ones shouldn't be too expensive (I just bought custom lines for mounting Porsche Macan front brakes and it was $60+shipping).

Kotte900

I’m very surprised. I ve mounted the brakes today, the callipers from Mk7 2.0 Tdi 150hp and Tiguan Ad1 ( 2.0 Tsi 220hp) Are the same. The only difference are the dust shield and the pads holder( I don’t know how to say in English)
Today I changed front brakes as well from mk 7.5 Gti 312mm, same story, the callipers are identical.
so for those who want to upgrade the brakes, don’t buy the callipers, just the discs, and those things that keep the brake pads.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i