GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Golf R mirror caps

artystamk7

Ready to race!
Hi everyone,
I just ordered a black mk7 Gti and I would like to replace the stock sideview mirror caps with the brushed steel ones that come on the mk7 golf r. Does anyone know if these are available for sale yet? I was maybe thinking about painting the black ones silver to achieve a similar effect.

artystamk7

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info!
But I think these are alot more shiny than the ones on the golf R/S Models...
I guess I was thinking more about a brushed steel look.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Thanks for the info!
But I think these are alot more shiny than the ones on the golf R/S Models...
I guess I was thinking more about a brushed steel look.

My suggestion is to order them as an “R” brushed sparepart from you VW dealer.

On MK6 they are very easy to replace, haven’t tried on mk7.

/Peter

len A

Passed Driver's Ed
could just get them sprayed. I had one damaged so decided to get them sprayed piano black only cost £40.Think they look smart against the Tungsten Silver.

20140227_164120.jpg

20140227_164134.jpg

20140227_164214.jpg

DW58

Go Kart Champion
They look good - not taking a pop, but I can'y help being amused as it's not so long ago that everyone wanted colour-keyed mirrors, and now it's contrasting ones.

With your Tungsten Silver paintwork, I think the Piano Black actually compliments it very well.

len A

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks yeah it is a bit ironic colour coded was what everyone wanted at one time. The guy that did mine was saying that its getting quite popular he's had a lot of the New Mercedes in because of the black roof option and gloss black trim. I'm really pleased because the interior is gloss black to.

len A

Black&White

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks yeah it is a bit ironic colour coded was what everyone wanted at one time. The guy that did mine was saying that its getting quite popular he's had a lot of the New Mercedes in because of the black roof option and gloss black trim. I'm really pleased because the interior is gloss black to.

len A

Hi Len,

They look great, everyone should have black mirrors.

After attempting wrapping my mirrors I decided it wasn't going to last so I need to get mine painted.
I wondered did you take your covers off? If so how do they come off?

Cheers
Sam

Black&White

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't understand why everyone should have black mirrors?! :eek:
I am glad mine are white as they match the with the rest of the car..

Because they look much better, thats why.

Why do you think Merc, put black mirrors on there sports models.

Differentiates from standard / low model cars (like 1.4s ;) )

DW58

Go Kart Champion

redbutcher

Ready to race!
could just get them sprayed. I had one damaged so decided to get them sprayed piano black only cost £40.Think they look smart against the Tungsten Silver.

I agree - it does work well - nice idea.

burso

Ready to race!
Because they look much better, thats why.

Why do you think Merc, put black mirrors on there sports models.

Differentiates from standard / low model cars (like 1.4s ;) )

Interesting thinking :eek:
Merc puts black mirrors on "THEIR" sport models. Because of this, black mirrors in general differentiate the particular car from low models?!
Did I get this right?!

Because of what do they look better? I guess this is your opinion, BECAUSE doesn't explain why.

Let me summarize this.
Because the black mirrors look much better. Full stop
Because Merc puts them on sport models, they differentiate the car from low models
Because the above two statements - everyone should have black mirrors!!!

Still confused :confused:
If everyone has black mirrors how will they differentiate the sport models from the entry level ones?! :eek::eek:

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Nice... I have a 3 Door GTD in Tungsten Silver on order, always go silver think the Tungsten is a touch warmer and catches the Golf angles brilliantly suits the GTI even better with the red details! I' might even black out the mirrors now, looks sweet be nice in black carbon!