GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Golf R Limited Production like MK6 R Or Not?

YangerD

Ready to race!
Straight forward question, is the new MK7 Golf R going to be a limited production model like the MK6 R, or will it be a full production model this time around? Hoping for the later.

CSteelGrrl

Ready to race!
Both autos.ca and driving.ca are reporting the R will have greater availability and be regular order. Also German made. Terrific news.

"According to VW, Canada is one of the strongest markets for the R – on a per-capita basis, Canadians buy more Golf Rs than any other country. As such, the extremely limited production of the past two years will change with greater availability. While not many Rs will be produced, a little extra allocation will be created for Canadian-market cars at the VW factory in Germany."

CSteelGrrl

Ready to race!
The Auto.ca article says:

"Here’s some good news for Canadian V-Dub enthusiasts. Our next Golf R, which is based on the seventh-generation Golf, will be a regular order car. In other words, availability won’t be so painfully limited as with the 2012–2013 Golf R that was mostly sold out before it even got here."

But of course one of my local dealers was urging me to place a deposit - even over the phone ;) I have a feeling a VW salesperson will be the last to acknowledge these cars aren't coming into the country in limited numbers.
As much as I have an impulsive side - I think I'll wait for more reviews, initial Euro drivers impressions and model year 1 glitches to be exposed. Or not :) What a tempting car!
Are you guys going to rush in?