GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Golf r dcc vs non dcc springs

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
All springs fit DCC or no DCC, manual and DSG, just need to adjust it with VCDS/OBD eleven
Not sure what you mean...

Physically yes, all the springs for the Golf/GTI/R/GSW/Alltrack will fit. That does not mean they are correct.

Put Alltrack springs on your Golf and it will sit higher. Put R springs on your GSW and it will sit lower. Put GTI springs on your Golf, it will sit lower.

The question is...
Just wondering if anyone knows if the dcc springs are the same as the non dcc springs.
The answer to that question is yes.

As to your suggestion that manual and DSG are the same...
... manual and DSG, just need to adjust it with VCDS/OBD eleven
This is false. DSG's are heavier, so VW specs different springs to account for it.

Yes, you can (and should) do a DCC calibration with any change of springs. But that does not mean higher rate DSG springs are correct for your manual car.

Will the average driver notice the difference? Especially on the street... probably not. Many aftermarket companies do not differentiate. But if you going OEM and care, as the OP does since they are asking... get the right springs 🤷🏿‍♂️.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The op is talking DCC vs none DCC. Not Manual vs DSG.
In my opinion weight difference is marginal.
I answered the OP's question. You repeated my answer (that DCC vs non DCC is the same) and then added false information.

The OP didn't ask about manual vs DSG or whether any of us thinks the weight difference was marginal. And you didn't offer that qualifier with your original answer suggesting manual and DSG use the same springs.

Why provide an inaccurate answer (to a question that wasn't asked) based on your opinion, which is contrary to the conclusion that VAG engineers came to?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Additionally, DCC calibration isn't for weight, it's for ride height. Vehicle weight, and weight distribution, as it pertains to DCC is part of the DCC dataset loaded to the module. It varies from model to model.