GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Golf R Custom Front License Plate Mount

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I designed this license plate bracket to mount on the lower grill area without having to drill any holes in your bumper/grill. It is 3D printed using premium ABS filament. $100 Shipped via USPS Priority Mail to the USA.

Installation Instructions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/atpf90u0g7...cket.docx?dl=0

- DAP and Parking Sensor Compatible Guaranteed
- All stainless fasteners
- Black vinyl grill protection
- Foam grip pad backing
- Printed with premium ABS material
- 10oz of plastic (0.625 lbs, ~20hrs of print time)
- 30-day Money back guarantee (*shipped back required)

If you have any questions just PM me or email me at vw671@yahoo.com

Last edited:

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
nice looking product.

can somebody buy this and replicate it for GOLF & GTI at $5 shipped from china?

no seriously, somebody PM me if they have a china hook up.

(seriously though....you could make these for every vw from air cooled up if you had the lower grill / mounting point set up properly).

best wishes for your business to blow up!

best,

Paul

vw671

Autocross Newbie
nice looking product.

can somebody buy this and replicate it for GOLF & GTI at $5 shipped from china?

no seriously, somebody PM me if they have a china hook up.

(seriously though....you could make these for every vw from air cooled up if you had the lower grill / mounting point set up properly).

best wishes for your business to blow up!

best,

Paul

It's an enthusiast product for sure. I have over 50 satisfied customers:D

Guaranteed to be compatible with DAP cars.

Miguel1

Ready to race!
The fact that you used half phillips and half hex head screws makes me not want to buy it.

I know you've got a lot of time and effort into this but 100$ is a little steep for plastic, even 3D printed plastic.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Why is it not more to the middle? The license plate is hanging off the car and creating drag.

There are 5 plate positions spaced about 11mm between each other. In the pics the plate is installed in the farthest outboard of the 5 positions. In this position it will not block the intercooler at all and will not effect performance.

If you prefer the plate to hang off the bumper less the trade off is covering up the intercooler a little and in theory reduce air flow to the intercooler a bit. I've tested the plate in the farthest centered position and I could not tell the difference but in theory the intercooler will get less airflow. Most of my customers run the plate in the farthest outboard position. Compared to the two hook mounts pictured my mount still hangs off the edge of the car less even at this position.

Here's a picture of the plate mounted in the farthest inboard of the 5 positions. In this position it's covering up about 2" of the intercooler.

HTH.

Last edited:

dinh

Passed Driver's Ed
The fact that you used half phillips and half hex head screws makes me not want to buy it.

I know you've got a lot of time and effort into this but 100$ is a little steep for plastic, even 3D printed plastic.

$100 isn't bad at all considering the other options out there are pretty much around the same price. ABS plastic is extremely durable + being light weight and materials are not cheap for 3D printing. Look at how thick it is, he used plenty of material for this design.

In terms of functionality as well as looks it is in a better spot than the tow hook mount.

Great job on this vw671! I will be ordering whenever I get my paperwork straighten out and finally have my plates on the way.

lokerola

Ready to race!
I like how it looks. Subbed to this thread.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Why is it not more to the middle? The license plate is hanging off the car and creating drag.

Because it has already been shown dyno wise that mounting a plate in the middle of the grill is the worst place to put a plate. Blocking the inter-cooler is not a good idea.

Awesome design BTW.. Guess I'm lucky to be from a state that doesn't have a front plate.. but I would definitely buy this if I needed one

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Love this license plate mount. Got mine last week. Here is another angle, from the drives side you sometimes can't even tell you have a front plate. Love that. Best mount for a front license plate hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Love this license plate mount. Got mine last week. Here is another angle, from the drives side you sometimes can't even tell you have a front plate. Love that. Best mount for a front license plate hands down.

Awesome! Love to see the kits in the wild. I was the #1 consumer for this product as none of the tow hook options available met my satisfaction at any cost.

No GTI Love?

Sorry man, I don't have a GTi so developing one would be difficult. It took me countless prototypes and many many hours to get the Golf-R one to meet my satisfaction. The problem I see for the GTi would be getting a backing plate behind the grill without removing parts off the car.