GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 golf manual trans HELP

stlben

Car(s)
2015 2mk7 gold tdi
So today on my way home I was rolling to a stop on the hwy an seen a car barreling done on me. I left in second and started to die so went to first and it went in reverse realizing that I pulled it out and went for first again and ounce again it was reverse! Still slightly rolling I gave it some throttle and left in second but second was really far left and had to apply a fare amount of pressure to engage. So hoping it was just a fluke I tried it again and same results. Doin a quick search I found that you can adjust the shifter linkage. I did so and still is doin the same thing. That all being said clutch feels good all other gears work including reverse and second no unusual noises .i just cant get it in first. can the shifter go out or is there something else I can try.

Dakaos

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI S
You should try removing the air box and physically seeing what the shifter assembly with cables are doing. Diesel Geek has good videos on how to adjust the shifter. He mostly shows what how to install short shifters but he always shows how to adjust them to get it right. The only other thing I can think of is that the spring and or bushing on the shifter inside the cabin that holds the shift knob up is worn and allowing the car to go into reverse without pressing down because it’s already slightly pressed down.