GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Golf Blind Spot Retrofit/Activation Possible?

Ahmoodys

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Guys,

I have a 2014 GTI, with front and rear auto park assist sensors, my mirrors have internal lane changing lights which I reckon are for the blind spot assist. My question is that having my car fitted with all these sensors and the lane chaning lights, can blind spot warning be retrofitted or activated by a simple VCDS tweak or so? or is it a completely different system that measures the blind spot area?

Thanks

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Those are not blind spot assist lights, it is just an extension of the indicator to show you it is on.

komtuur

Hi there,
maybe someone know or could confirm. I'm looking to retrofit blind spot assist to MY15 Golf 7, example this set from Kufatec https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/volkswagen/golf/golf-7-5q/blind-spot-sensor-incl-assistant-reverse-of-parking-space-golf-7-vii-limousine?action_ms=1, car has right now parking assist, power folding mirrors, reverse camera, multifunction steering wheel, colour MFD etc., my question, is there a chance that compatible wiring is already there from factory and i need to buy and fit only compatible sensors, brackets and new mirror classes from somewhere? + enabling. Thank you.

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I was going to suggest kufatec as well... they are the only ones I know who sell those OEM parts. Unless you try aliexpress.

If you do find the parts, expect it to be quite a project. DV52 may be able to offer some advice as well.

komtuur

It does seem that Kufatec kit doesn't work with 5Q0 - ABS module, so if i don't want to change that also, dead end for me.