GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my head around a full sec+ difference. Just seems crazy
It is easy. You just turn your brain off to all the other times posted in here and take these new times at face value.

Oh how the times have changed.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
If there's anything I've learned about cars is that if it doesnt make sense it's for a reason. Lots of ppl lie about mods. The only way you run those times in a full weight GLI with no mpi is with a bigger turbo than a vortex standard. Or your running a kill tune on 36-37 psi.

Or he has a z06 as well and put the time under the wrong car.😅

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
i had always known that this car had more in it, so i went on the hunt, I have updated some hard parts on the car. changed intake, exhaust, went to a 9lb battery and removed the passenger seat. added mounts, tires and added dischage/throttle pipes . this is the same tune the car was 10.2x-10-1x for the past year. my best was 9.80. on flat ground.(side note*this past best time was 10 degrees cooler and -800 more DA) and i could never replicate it. no matter what driving style/ shifting points. new best is 9.49 10 degrees warmer, worse DA and +.16 slope.

tires account for the 60-70 mph measurement, but wheel spin wasnt an issue in the higher mph when doing these tests prev. weight loss through the seat was 57lbs and 27 lbs for the battery.

the car was noticeably faster just in driving with the new parts before i verified with the dragy. i dont know what all had the biggest effect the gain was felt in the top end.< upon further review, it seems the 120-130 range is still in the +2 second range, but the mid range 60-120 is all faster, < that is where the improved time came from.

parts change is as follows

oem intercooler piping/throttle pipe > eqt discharge/cts throttle tube.
rev 9 dual muffler dual resonated < ebay exhaust.> awe track
injen tube/filter intake > IE v2
stock mounts to BFI stage 2 and rear dogbone hybrid puck
17 inch hypergram with 555r2. 245/45/17 instead of 245/40/18 nt05s < i weighed both set ups and the are equally 41 lbs.
stock oem battery> 9lb braille.

this isnt the fastest it will go, but I am stoked to take this car from the 10.1x it ws ALWAYS DOING to this consistent mid 9 second 60-130. i dont know where it really should be. maybe it has a little more in it. maybe less taper on the top end and some more fueling.. idk.. but that is money ill spent. when i have the cool stuff in the garage (vortex xl mpi track slag 4 inch)

hope some one can shed some light on where an e30 fbo is38 should be. i know jessie had a ripper of a is38 doing 8.9s. 8.8

this is a full bolt on. 1 seat autobahn dsg gti , oh and it has the fender sub. lol , cheers!

Screenshot_20221120-000318_dragy.jpg
Screenshot_20221120-000326_dragy.jpg

Last edited:

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
i had always known that this car had more in it, so i went on the hunt, I have updated some hard parts on the car. changed intake, exhaust, went to a 9lb battery and removed the passenger seat. added mounts, tires and added dischage/throttle pipes . this is the same tune the car was 10.2x-10-1x for the past year. my best was 9.80. on flat ground. and i could never replicate it. no matter what driving style/ shifting points.

tires account for the 60-70 mph measurement, but wheel spin wasnt an issue in the higher mph when doing these tests prev. weight loss through the seat was 57lbs and 27 lbs for the battery. the car was noticeably faster just in driving before i got to use the dragy. i dont know what all had the biggest effect the gain was felt in the top end.

parts change is as follows

oem intercooler piping/throttle pipe > eqt discharge/cts throttle tube.
rev 9 dual muffler dual resonated < ebay exhaust.> awe track
injen tube/filter intake > IE v2
stock mounts to BFI stage 2 and rear dogbone hybrid puck
17 inch hypergram with 555r2. 245/45/17 instead of 245/40/18 nt05s < i weighed both set ups and the are equally 41 lbs.
stock oem battery> 9lb braille.

this isnt the fastest it will go, but I am stoked to take this car from the 10.1x it ws ALWAYS DOING to this consistent mid 9 second 60-130. i dont know where it really should be. maybe it has a little more in it. maybe less taper on the top end and some more fueling.. idk.. but that is money ill spent. when i have the cool stuff in the garage (vortex xl mpi track slag 4 inch)

hope some one can shed some light on where an e30 fbo is38 should be. i know jessie had a ripper of a is38 doing 8.9s. 8.8

this is a full bolt on. 1 seat autobahn gti. , oh and it has the fender sub. lol , cheers!

damn.jpg

Impressive for an IS38 for sure. Right where you should be.

Weight reduction was down to 1 seat + fender sub?

Not sure where your taper is, but I bet that IS38 is pushing pretty hard. Got any logs?

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Impressive for an IS38 for sure. Right where you should be.

Weight reduction was down to 1 seat + fender sub?

Not sure where your taper is, but I bet that IS38 is pushing pretty hard. Got any logs?
i do have some logs, they are older and i seem to have alot of logs unnamed, some are from other tunes.. i will get some for this new set up, and yall can take a look. taper is 23 psi by about 6200 rpm 15.5 degrees timing.

https://datazap.me/u/cory-jordan/log-1631349407?log=0&data=16-23-27
https://datazap.me/u/cory-jordan/log-1624505423?log=0&data=16-23-31

these should be the old intake/exhaust/charge pipes logs

ill grab some new ones very soon to compare.
i am most interested in the wgdc change, my whole goal was to make the system more efficient , i just need new logs to compare.

i had wanted to add the 4 inch trackslag, to this and see where it would go, but was advised by someone from the EQT camp that it may throw off boost control, causing EPC underboost/overboost, so i chose to leave it alone. < interestingly i was told to buy a canned e85 ots is38 tune, because it doesnt really care about stuff like that. .. i just laughed and said thanks to whomever i was emailing and went about my bolt on parts journey sans the DP.

since may of '21 after it was tuned. i regretted not addressing fueling, and had talked with Ed and a couple other members of the shop about retuning it, i was in the process of adding an intake and inlet, and was told that it would pick up some power on a LPFP and retune for full e85. how ever, it was cost prohibitive as i was going to move up in turbo size and set up. so.. i am reaching the end of its journey on e35, but I am pleased to see it going faster than it has before on the same tune.

yes, wiper motor, rear seats, rear plastics, jack, spare, passenger seat, removed.

'17 autobahn dsg PP lighting package/fender audio/sunroof.

18x8.5 hypergrams/245/40/18 rear
17x8 245/45/17 fronts.

Last edited:

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
Damn, my IS38 custom tuned GTI on full E85 went 9.63 on -1700DA. I also have an Autobahn '17 DSG, but my car was on stock wheels with no weight reduction other than spare tire removed. My boost tapered pretty similar to yours by 6500rpms, but I was at 17.5degrees of timing instead of 15.5. I've asked my tuner multiple times why other cars seem to be faster than mine when we have similar mods and it always comes back to weight, I really need to get myself a good set of lightweight wheels.

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Damn, my IS38 custom tuned GTI on full E85 went 9.63 on -1700DA. I also have an Autobahn '17 DSG, but my car was on stock wheels with no weight reduction other than spare tire removed. My boost tapered pretty similar to yours by 6500rpms, but I was at 17.5degrees of timing instead of 15.5. I've asked my tuner multiple times why other cars seem to be faster than mine when we have similar mods and it always comes back to weight, I really need to get myself a good set of lightweight wheels.
i do think the car has a little more in it. with better DA and more favorable temps, but there isnt much left on this blend, with some more timing and fuel, im sure it would pick up some more HP. but as far as weight, im at the point where i have to start paying for it.. and the cost out weighs the gain. its cheaper to just make more power to go faster.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
i do think the car has a little more in it. with better DA and more favorable temps, but there isnt much left on this blend, with some more timing and fuel, im sure it would pick up some more HP. but as far as weight, im at the point where i have to start paying for it.. and the cost out weighs the gain. its cheaper to just make more power to go faster.
Get a custom tune on E85 for a bit more timing, then pull your cat-back exhaust off and you'll be very close to 8's. It can be a good bit more work and cost though going from E35 to E85, so to get your time lower, you're going to be paying for it either way. I think the guy that did an 8.9 had a hood exit exhaust.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Instead of trying to find every way possible to make your IS38 faster, just get a hybrid. Right before my transmission got destroyed, my car did a 7.4 in a 60 - 130 pull with only the rear seats and everything in the trunk removed.

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Instead of trying to find every way possible to make your IS38 faster, just get a hybrid. Right before my transmission got destroyed, my car did a 7.4 in a 60 - 130 pull with only the rear seats and everything in the trunk removed.
20211118_175120.jpg
20211118_175305.jpg
20220813_191258.jpg
20220812_192249.jpg

gotcha covered drew =). just being stubborn, but yes you are 100 percent correct. why am i wasting time.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Can anyone tell me why the temperature is so far off in the app? Is there something set wrong that I can change?
Actual temp was 47 degrees. Elevation seems to be about right.

Screenshot_2022-12-05-11-08-53-22_dff95c6d4a5d8afc55c951a07137aa3b.jpg

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT