GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
Here is a customers A3 full weight fbo mpi e60 xl turbo stock air intake, xl is maxed out at around 33psi, shit 4300DA, solid time though
Stock air intake can be a huge issue, especially on large turbos. I was hitting 100%wgdc at 6100rpms at 33psi and dropping boost towards redline with the APR closed air intake and APR TIP. I switched to the IEV2 intake and DBV2 TIP and immediately started overboosting like crazy due to my baseline wastegate setting. With no revisions, I picked up 25whp and was only at 70% wgdc. After revisions from EQT, I'm now tuned to 34.2psi and hold it past 7k rpms and only at 75%wdgc. I finally broke into the 7s 60-130 also (Vortex XL on E85 GTI). My best before switching intakes and retuning was 8.40s.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Stock air intake can be a huge issue, especially on large turbos. I was hitting 100%wgdc at 6100rpms at 33psi and dropping boost towards redline with the APR closed air intake and APR TIP. I switched to the IEV2 intake and DBV2 TIP and immediately started overboosting like crazy due to my baseline wastegate setting. With no revisions, I picked up 25whp and was only at 70% wgdc. After revisions from EQT, I'm now tuned to 34.2psi and hold it past 7k rpms and only at 75%wdgc. I finally broke into the 7s 60-130 also (Vortex XL on E85 GTI). My best before switching intakes and retuning was 8.40s.
The APR snail intake is widely known to choke at ~500whp.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
The APR snail intake is widely known to choke at ~500whp.
What about their open intake? Running that but not sure if it’s going to choke me off eventually.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
No idea...I don't know anyone that runs it. BTW...I only give out info from 1st hand experience not stuff I read off the Internet.
Lol well I guess I'll keep you guys informed next spring when the XL is installed. Have the MST TIP and Hose, but the APR open intake.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I know the stock intake is hurting it, I don't and one will help, I don't believe it will make as great of difference as your did, but will definitely help,

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
I mean at this point it’s comical, just give me a damn 12 already :ROFLMAO:

40E68CEA-F4E7-4DDC-A918-7429C7C43B49.png

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Finally cracked 10’s! Full weight, 2 car seats, 3/4 tank.

60A7180D-836B-45D9-8FCE-DBDDC7381FA1.png

Edit: And I sacrificed a noisy G37 just prior to that pull - as is tradition in Mexico. He tried like 3 times from 65, it ended increasingly poorly each time.

I swear looking stock is a double-edged sword, you get to destroy modded sport compacts, mid-tier luxury coupes, and ricers (if you want to waste the gas) on the daily, but cars that would actually be a better match more often than not, want nothing to do with your stock-looking VW grocery-getter 🥲

Last edited:

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Finally cracked 10’s! Full weight, 2 car seats, 3/4 tank.

View attachment 261822

Edit: And I sacrificed a noisy G37 just prior to that pull - as is tradition in Mexico. He tried like 3 times from 65, it ended increasingly poorly each time.

I swear looking stock is a double-edged sword, you get to destroy modded sport compacts, mid-tier luxury coupes, and ricers (if you want to waste the gas) on the daily, but cars that would actually be a better match more often than not, want nothing to do with your stock-looking VW grocery-getter 🥲
It's the best feeling. Setting goals and hitting them.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
How do I live in Florida and can't get a little downhill slope. Sorry, couldn't finish the run. Still a pb. Shaved 1.5 tenths of my 60-110.
Funny thing was there was a 5.0 that lined up just as I started. I reeled him nast by 90 and by 120 he was busses behind. Lol
Screenshot_20221003-064653_dragy.jpg

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Not my car that pulled this 7.68 and yes I realize it's an invalid slope but it's not much outside of being valid so lets assume for a sec it runs a 7.8-7.9 with a valid slope Dragy. Both my car and this car below are here in Colorado @ 5.5-6k ft.
To have a full second+ difference is insane to me with nearly identical set-ups. I do think the GLI is a bit lighter than the R (believe his car doesn't have any further weight reduction) and I think it's running a Trackslag catless vs my IE catted DP I had at the time.
Whatever the case Matt at EQT (Hoon) is working some serious magic. I think I need to have him tune my R in the future!

Sub 8 car = Jetta GLI/Vortex Std/no MPI/E30/EQT tuned by @Hoon

My car at time of the dragy below was as follows....
‘16 DSG R/Vortex Std/no MPI/E30/EQT tuned by Nick
Correct DA per TRC = 4725ft (Dragy has since fixed the DA issue so its not comically off)

1665861316198.png

1665861296254.png

Last edited: