GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
My goal was sub-8s prior to installing my turbo, but looks like my expectations are off in daily trim and stock motor (and a standard housing Vortex vs. XL).

This run was with a chock full gas tank and full weight minus spare and tool kit. Kid's seats as always. Run was kind of weird and into a head wind but we in the 8s. Ego might be a little bruised seeing that 8.91 from a OEM IS38 on a base map e85 tune a couple of pages back...

View attachment 188777

My post from 1 year ago. Close to same setup; see below. Just 1 more year on the turbo and engine. No changes to fueling. E65 in the tank ironically too. 11% lower content than my 7.91s run.

Dragy DA is screwed up. It was off by almost 100 ft elevation and 200FT DA between my two, 7.81s runs and they were on the same stretch of highway. Touch more boost & timing (1psi & + 2deg). Upgraded suspension (Koni Yellows + H&R OE Sport springs; new tires/wheels (RT660s hook surprisingly well; gained 10lbs of weight in the wheels, but running wider so handling is fantastic). And a new dogbone insert.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
in that DA and weight, that is cooking, full e-85 cranked up im assuming. standard housing even

Yes maxed out..the car was making ~530whp at the time I ran that. Here's the 1/4 mile video running the standard housing:

After that I upgraded to a GTX3071r Gen2 based hybrid and made 603whp but never ran it because Covid shutdown my tracks. I just recently upgraded to a bigger turbo just last week but haven't re-tuned it yet.

PicositoGTi

Go Kart Champion
Oh, I'm not trying to knock on APR. I've enjoyed their tunes for 10 years now across both my V & VII. I'm just ready for more. That and today's standards are higher for cars with my build. Low 12's isn't horrible, that's plenty quick lol. I just want to move up to a proper power figure for my build. That, and corn. Something APR never delivered on sadly, and since map switching isn't a thing for APR's VII tunes like you could with the older V. I haven't been able to play around with race fuel. It's just too much of a hassle as I'd not only have to drive to my shop to get that file flashed, I'd have to haul a bunch of 104 in my car to said shop to have them drain the 92 out before flashing the 104 file.

Which is partly why I want a protuner like EQT or 5150. Ability to swap maps on the fly for day to day driving & go fast. I know they make a difference. My IS38 lost to a stock turbo on E85 a while back. :ROFLMAO:
Yup! I’ve beaten plenty of is38 R’s and is38 Golfs in my is20 GTi

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1635632937284.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
yes. do it arcadia fire.

Fun fact: My online handle just used to be my last name. Probably for close to two decades. But decided one day for the sake of privacy, I should stop doing that. Looking around my desk for some kind of inspiration, my eyes fell upon our local store brand water, Acadia.

94c6727f9dc9cf6c045f40767e0a0526.jpg

Decided that will have to do, threw on some numbers, and called it a day. Probably not the wisest choice of numbers, since it probably makes everyone think I'm 18 years old, when I'm pushing 40...

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Fun fact: My online handle just used to be my last name. Probably for close to two decades. But decided one day for the sake of privacy, I should stop doing that. Looking around my desk for some kind of inspiration, my eyes fell upon our local store brand water, Acadia.

Decided that will have to do, threw on some numbers, and called it a day. Probably not the wisest choice of numbers, since it probably makes everyone think I'm 18 years old, when I'm pushing 40...
Monkey_Puppet.jpg

Aaron’s mk7

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
You should only be shifting once. That’s extra shift to go into 5th is just slowing you down. If you really want to run a number use NLS. Nice road though
Yeah I figured I should stay in 4th do you know about what rpm I should shift in to 4th gear at I was shifting at about 6100rpm