GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You had a 3.89 on your 60-130 run.
Yep but a better DA accompanied that run as well.

DA -989 for 3.89

DA 379 for 4.21

Looking at the g force in the 4.21 beliw it appears as though I was not fully into boost? Look at the beginning of the run... Gotta go do this again.

Screenshot_20210912-092313_dragy.jpg

Last edited:

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Yep but a better DA accompanied that run as well.

DA -989 for 3.89

DA 379 for 4.21

Looking at the g force in the 4.21 beliw it appears as though I was not fully into boost? Look at the beginning of the run... Gotta go do this again.
Did you brake boost on that run?

That has really brought some consistency to my times as long as the grade is -1.00 -> +1.00.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
No, never break boosted.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I have never brakeboosted on my runs. I might with the new housing.
I recommend experimenting.
I've never brake boosted any of my runs.
No, never break boosted.

Suppose it is a "best conditions" practice. But worth it as long as you don't drop connection and try and post logs with 1.5G+ acceleration spikes lol.

Definitely allows you to build boost leading into the 50-60mph range, let off the brake, and have a slightly better chance to hook in a FWD platform. Cutting consistent 3.6x-3.7xs independent of weight from fuel. Gonna strip out the 2x kiddo and rear seats this weekend. Maybe even take out that pesky sub lol.

Wouldn't really consider that a daily-able time, but would be nice to see what the car can do with some weight reduction outside of spare + tools.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I recommend experimenting.

Suppose it is a "best conditions" practice. But worth it as long as you don't drop connection and try and post logs with 1.5G+ acceleration spikes lol.

Definitely allows you to build boost leading into the 50-60mph range, let off the brake, and have a slightly better chance to hook in a FWD platform. Cutting consistent 3.6x-3.7xs independent of weight from fuel. Gonna strip out the 2x kiddo and rear seats this weekend. Maybe even take out that pesky sub lol.

Wouldn't really consider that a daily-able time, but would be nice to see what the car can do with some weight reduction outside of spare + tools.
Having a MT, all I have to do is drop it down a gear and it's easier that way instead of trying to brake boost.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Gotta love cooler weather giving faster spool as well.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Gotta love cooler weather giving faster spool as well.
Definitely been helping. Need to get out on a cool night. Tough to get out in the evenings and it has still been humid in the mornings.

Getting closer to the 3.5s. But seeing consistent 3.6-3.7s is great. Tires are breaking in well.

Screenshot_20210918-084750.png Screenshot_20210918-084834.png

Last edited: