GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You are at higher altitude as well correct? I think we have similar set ups but you have mpi vs stock DI on mine. Im standard housing as well. Best 60-130 for me is a 8.99 on a good DA day for us at slightly below 5k. I have the IE DP and always wondered if jumping to the Trackslag catted (I won’t do catless) would be a big difference. Maybe less for me since im not on mpi? I’ll be curious to hear your results should you make the move
I can't guess how many tenths of a second the Trackslag would cut your time but you will spool around 400 RPM sooner with the Trackslag. With a 3" exhaust I would bet you would shave 3 or 4 tenths off your time.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I can't guess how many tenths of a second the Trackslag would cut your time but you will spool around 400 RPM sooner with the Trackslag. With a 3" exhaust I would bet you would shave 3 or 4 tenths off your time.

that would be nice if true on spool cause my standard housing hits peak boost at same rpm as XLs hit peak at sea level.
I have an R so could be wrong but I’m pretty sure Rs don’t see much benefit with aftermarket catbacks as the GTIs do. As it stands now mine is 3” all the way back to the suitcase muffler.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
that would be nice if true on spool cause my standard housing hits peak boost at same rpm as XLs hit peak at sea level.
I have an R so could be wrong but I’m pretty sure Rs don’t see much benefit with aftermarket catbacks as the GTIs do. As it stands now mine is 3” all the way back to the suitcase muffler.
All I can tell you is that on my TPC20 using a Trackslag DP it spools 500 RPM sooner and that's with a 2 1/2 " exhaust.

GTMCooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI S DSG SneekyTune
Stock unopened motor gti, Turbo Parts Canada Inc. TPC38BB on e48. SneekyTuned tune.

Full exhaust on the car, Austins in the back, no undertray, a cts fmic rated for 450 crank. All seats but stock drivers seat out. 245/45/17 nt555rii's on 17x8 motegis. Walbro 535, no pm4, cts 980 mpi, custom intake, cts TIP, stock throttle pipe, upgraded turbo outlet/charge pipe. Only a dogbone insert for mounts. Upgraded PUT stock MAP. No meth.

@sleepy.gti on IG for the video

IMG_20210513_223825_581.jpg

Last edited:

GTMCooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI S DSG SneekyTune
Nice! Seems ballsy to run that set up with a 535 and no PM4? But then again I'm kind of a chicken shit/paranoid SOB when it comes to fueling.
Ballsy, yes, but done right is a risk not a guarantee that it goes. Pump duty cycle is capped at 75%

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Does anyone update the Dragy data sheet stickied here any longer? Looks like it's been a while since someone took the form submissions and incorporated them.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT
Does anyone update the Dragy data sheet stickied here any longer? Looks like it's been a while since someone took the form submissions and incorporated them.
It was updated at least a few months ago, I submitted my 0-60 and it is in the spreadsheet.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
It was updated at least a few months ago, I submitted my 0-60 and it is in the spreadsheet.
I see my times added to the one tab (where your submission goes) but not the actual times tab?

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
'17 pp autobahn dsg stock austins with some things missing from the inside ;-) car weighed 3140 with 5 gallons in it, no driver. +(153lbs)
this was a non brake boosted roll into 60, i will be adding an intake and inlet pipe and LPFP and a tune readjust for full e85 pretty soon from Ed @EQT, also gonna throw on some hypergrams and see what that all will net me (little more powa, little less weight), im looking for mid 9s on the 60-130 i'd be satisfied, but dont wanna set a hard number, DA was +1500 ambient was 75 or more.

is this pretty respectable? or should I light the car on fire ? i've tried to make it reasonably fast for what i could afford thus far, im at the point where i think its about done. * i gotta put the motor back in my daily before i put this one really under some stress*

i bought the dragy to quantify the gains from the last remaining parts to be installed *with retune* so stay tuned and i hope i get the numbers i want.

Invidia 3 inch catless DP
MISHIMOTO stock location intercooler
Autotech HPFP internals
Fuel-it Bluetooth Ethanol Content sensor
Rev-9 Resonated exhaust w/dual mufflers
Stock airbox w/ K&N drop in *snow grate removed*
Dyno tuned in house by Ed@EQT on E35
EQT DSG Tune
CTS IS38
402/426

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-043630_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604-043630_dragy.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
'17 pp autobahn dsg stock austins with some things missing from the inside ;-) car weighed 3140 with 5 gallons in it, no driver. +(153lbs)
this was a non brake boosted roll into 60, i will be adding an intake and inlet pipe and LPFP and a tune readjust for full e85 pretty soon from Ed @EQT, also gonna throw on some hypergrams and see what that all will net me (little more powa, little less weight), im looking for mid 9s on the 60-130 i'd be satisfied, but dont wanna set a hard number, DA was +1500 ambient was 75 or more.

is this pretty respectable? or should I light the car on fire ? i've tried to make it reasonably fast for what i could afford thus far, im at the point where i think its about done. * i gotta put the motor back in my daily before i put this one really under some stress*

i bought the dragy to quantify the gains from the last remaining parts to be installed *with retune* so stay tuned and i hope i get the numbers i want.
What are your mods?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I find it easier now just to look at the dragy leaderboard

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Looks like an is38 on eblend to me.

What are your mods?

Invidia 3 inch catless DP
MISHIMOTO stock location intercooler
Autotech HPFP internals
Fuel-it Bluetooth Ethanol Content sensor
Rev-9 Resonated exhaust w/dual mufflers