GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Picked up 3 new tunes from EQT and PR 925cc MPI kit & lines with the BF/Boost sales. Any wagers/thoughts on how much I may be able to improve on my 8.99s 60-130 PR on full E85? https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...es-60-130-1-8-1-4.359497/page-66#post-7586701
I'm going an aggressive E85 tune, conservative/daily e40, and then just a 91 pump tune.
Going to do dyno/live tune w/ Ed on the E85 & E40 tunes. As usual the high altitude/DA here will neuter any potential improvement.
4/5 Bar sensors?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Yup. 4bar PUT has been on the car. My 8.99s PR is with it. I peak at 30.5-31psi up top. I bought the 5bar TMAP from EQT along with new tunes
Mid-low 8s is my guess if you push it. Standard really requires pushing up top to get lower times. I would also recommend an exhaust if staying with the standard housing. Maybe think about an XL housing if you are already paying for a retune.

Reactions: MSH

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I'd want all the spool I can get at that elevation.
That is fair. Didn't consider that. So standard housing + exhaust. Let that turbo breath as best as possible.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Mid-low 8s is my guess if you push it. Standard really requires pushing up top to get lower times. I would also recommend an exhaust if staying with the standard housing. Maybe think about an XL housing if you are already paying for a retune.

Thx! I thought about giving the XL housing a shot but as Diggs said I don't wait to lose to much spool. I hit peak boost at same rpm as XLs at sea level/lower elevation.
On exhaust I'm running a IE DP and then 3" all the way back to the stock R suitcase muffler. I have a great exhaust fabricator and he is going to build me a custom DP for close to same price as a Trackslag catted. It will be 4" to 3.5" to 3" like the TS. I will still be running a cat but will have it downstream in same position as a TS catted. Getting a G-sport GESI HO cat. I wasn't going to change anything else though as I thought the stock R suitcase muffler flowed really well? Not to mention the aftermarket R exhausts are stupid expensive for what seems not much more than louder voulme which I definitely dont want. Pretty happy how it sounds w DP/Vibrant 17950/Res Delete/Stock R Suitcase muffler.
Anyway, once I have everything installed and tuning complete I'll post up some times. Thx again for the feedback

Last edited:

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
View attachment 232746

We've got a similar set-up and just did these the other night. I'm Autobahn DSG IS38 on Full 85 tuned by EQT with just the spare tire removed. I'm getting a slight bit of knock in the upper rpms too. I think my spark plugs need to be re-gapped. I'm also getting overboost while my tires are slipping in 3rd which is killing my timing retard. I just thought these runs were interesting considering the slope, DA, and they were done back-to-back. For the DA and the slope, this is just about max effort. The only thing that could help is light weight wheels and the rear seats removed. Maybe I'll try again in the spring once my summer wheels and tires go back on.
A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ENTERED THE ARENA! heh, its interesting to see our times being close, you e85 and me on e35. our areas seem similiar in temp and DA, mine running slightly faster with half the slope, i've got your fastest time 60-90 beat by 0.19 ,thats where you can see improvements with better tires, i've yet to put on these konigs and nittos, but looking forward to the combination, i know for sure its not gonna slow the car, so any improvement is welcomed.

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
You should be able to hit mid-low 9s. I have seen some low-9s on stock IS38s, but they are running well past the "safe" zone lol. Your DA already looks like it is as good as it gets. Rip out as much weight as you are comfortable and re-run.
i'd be happy with mid 9's as seeing it improve gives me hope, i quit doing dragy runs because it was always stuck in the 10's. hit 9.92 and i was like yes finally!!!! but cracked off a 9.72 with out trying and now im bitten by the bug again. waiting for a small couple changes and it should get where i want it.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Is there a reason for this being marked invalid other than a bad satellite connection or something?

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 108

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
As Diggs said, too much slope. Find a flatter section of road.