GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

MSH

Go Kart Champion
1,281 ft. isn't that high up there, pretty much where I am in the plains. DA is way off. Nice times.
The higher you go the more comical it gets with Dragy DA. It will show like 12k-13k DA on a 7k DA day here in Denver. I’m not too sharp but I would think dragy could figure out a way to make an update to make the reported DA semi reasonable

MSH

Go Kart Champion
...,I am on a standard housing as well, so I think I am probably fighting EGTs the closer to 130 I get. Stock location cat in the IE DP probably isn't helping either nor is the stock GTI exhaust. After I get suspension installed, I might look at changing to a catted Trackslag DP...
You are at higher altitude as well correct? I think we have similar set ups but you have mpi vs stock DI on mine. Im standard housing as well. Best 60-130 for me is a 8.99 on a good DA day for us at slightly below 5k. I have the IE DP and always wondered if jumping to the Trackslag catted (I won’t do catless) would be a big difference. Maybe less for me since im not on mpi? I’ll be curious to hear your results should you make the move

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You are at higher altitude as well correct? I think we have similar set ups but you have mpi vs stock DI on mine. Im standard housing as well. Best 60-130 for me is a 8.99 on a good DA day for us at slightly below 5k. I have the IE DP and always wondered if jumping to the Trackslag catted (I won’t do catless) would be a big difference. Maybe less for me since im not on mpi? I’ll be curious to hear your results should you make the move
I can't guess how many tenths of a second the Trackslag would cut your time but you will spool around 400 RPM sooner with the Trackslag. With a 3" exhaust I would bet you would shave 3 or 4 tenths off your time.

MSH

Go Kart Champion
I can't guess how many tenths of a second the Trackslag would cut your time but you will spool around 400 RPM sooner with the Trackslag. With a 3" exhaust I would bet you would shave 3 or 4 tenths off your time.

that would be nice if true on spool cause my standard housing hits peak boost at same rpm as XLs hit peak at sea level.
I have an R so could be wrong but I’m pretty sure Rs don’t see much benefit with aftermarket catbacks as the GTIs do. As it stands now mine is 3” all the way back to the suitcase muffler.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
that would be nice if true on spool cause my standard housing hits peak boost at same rpm as XLs hit peak at sea level.
I have an R so could be wrong but I’m pretty sure Rs don’t see much benefit with aftermarket catbacks as the GTIs do. As it stands now mine is 3” all the way back to the suitcase muffler.
All I can tell you is that on my TPC20 using a Trackslag DP it spools 500 RPM sooner and that's with a 2 1/2 " exhaust.