GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
New E40 tune after arriving in AZ. Not bad for an 8000 DA increase.

I'm hoping to hit the track soon and not break parts this time :LOL:
Screenshot_20210430-083726.png
Screenshot_20210430-083702.png

VW 91

Passed Driver's Ed
It's definitely quick. My best 100-200 on my R is 6.88, but i haven't cracked the 8's for my 60-130. I really need to work on my 4-5 shift LOL.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Jealous of the GTI 6MT gearing, perfect for 60-130, I have to shift twice to hit 130 in my R. Out of curiosity, what was your 100-200 on that 8.22 run?

Apparently the thing to do for 60-130 in an R is to do the whole run in 4th... I’ve seen only a handful of cars do it but the results are outstanding.

VW 91

Passed Driver's Ed
Apparently the thing to do for 60-130 in an R is to do the whole run in 4th... I’ve seen only a handful of cars do it but the results are outstanding.

In order to reach 130 in 4th I would need to rev to 7500 but I'm still on the stock block and have fuel cut at 7200. I don't think the stock engine would last too long seeing 7500 repeatedly.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
View attachment 212020

Not sure if this is quick or not, I work in freedom units.
I haven't gotten any super clean 60-130s. My best was 8.80s. But that same run was a 7.56s 100-200kmh. So right in line, but I have a DSG GTI (similar build with a standard housing Vortex). Manual GTIs seem to do extremely well in the 60-130 department.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I haven't gotten any super clean 60-130s. My best was 8.80s. But that same run was a 7.56s 100-200kmh. So right in line, but I have a DSG GTI (similar build with a standard housing Vortex). Manual GTIs seem to do extremely well in the 60-130 department.
Best I have mustered is an 8.88 at this point, that is with the rear seats out.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Best I have mustered is an 8.88 at this point, that is with the rear seats out.
Still far from shabby.

Mine was on e85, but with no where near kill for boost or timing. Had the spare and tools out, but 2x full size child seats so still pretty close to full weight. I am on a standard housing as well, so I think I am probably fighting EGTs the closer to 130 I get. Stock location cat in the IE DP probably isn't helping either nor is the stock GTI exhaust. After I get suspension installed, I might look at changing to a catted Trackslag DP and install the crappy REV9 catback that has been sitting in my garage. Can always throw it out if I hate it. Got it cheap as all get out.

Reactions: MSH

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Still far from shabby.

Mine was on e85, but with no where near kill for boost or timing. Had the spare and tools out, but 2x full size child seats so still pretty close to full weight. I am on a standard housing as well, so I think I am probably fighting EGTs the closer to 130 I get. Stock location cat in the IE DP probably isn't helping either nor is the stock GTI exhaust. After I get suspension installed, I might look at changing to a catted Trackslag DP and install the crappy REV9 catback that has been sitting in my garage. Can always throw it out if I hate it. Got it cheap as all get out.

I have the CTS 3.5 catted DP with REV9 exhaust. Does not sound horrible but drone can be a bit much with the windows up.

Last edited:

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Good to know. May just have to grandpa-lug it. The IE DP definitely is mellow compared to other DPs. I suppose it is dumb to have paid for the horsepower and have it sit in my garage un-used...not like I would chuck my stock exhaust.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
1,281 ft. isn't that high up there, pretty much where I am in the plains. DA is way off. Nice times.
The higher you go the more comical it gets with Dragy DA. It will show like 12k-13k DA on a 7k DA day here in Denver. I’m not too sharp but I would think dragy could figure out a way to make an update to make the reported DA semi reasonable

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
...,I am on a standard housing as well, so I think I am probably fighting EGTs the closer to 130 I get. Stock location cat in the IE DP probably isn't helping either nor is the stock GTI exhaust. After I get suspension installed, I might look at changing to a catted Trackslag DP...
You are at higher altitude as well correct? I think we have similar set ups but you have mpi vs stock DI on mine. Im standard housing as well. Best 60-130 for me is a 8.99 on a good DA day for us at slightly below 5k. I have the IE DP and always wondered if jumping to the Trackslag catted (I won’t do catless) would be a big difference. Maybe less for me since im not on mpi? I’ll be curious to hear your results should you make the move