GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
1605303305966.png
1605303362147.png

Thx Diggs. I was comparing 60-130 times on Dragy what I found interesting is data like this. Both this guy and I have same car ('16 R). I actually have a faster time up to the 60-120 time (7.32s for me and 7.35s for other guy).
I can't see this guys DA but by location in TX assume its WAY lower than mine in Denver. How do I possibly lose so much time in that last 10mph from 120-130 to end up .27s slower lol? Is the altitude just crushing me those last 10mph? gotta assume thats it OR maybe I didn't do myself any favors with doing a WOT 2nd-5th pull and the IAT issue you spoke of contributing?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Couple things. Yes Texas is down at sealevel. That guy doesn't list his mods and I doubt he's running an XL on E30. I wouldn't compare your car to his. It's cold enough your IATs are a non-issue. That last 10mph you were pulling timing so that will cost you some power.
https://datazap.me/u/msh/6-130-dragy?log=0&data=10-14
Super helpful...especially the timing pull call out. Didn't even notice. I'll be more aware of that for future log reviews. Again, appreciate the knowledge/insight

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
You’re in an R. Brake boost at 50mph and send it.

Reactions: MSH

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Into the 8s consistently! I still think there's a bit more in it if I can get brake boosting down.

Laughable first attempt at a 1/4 mile, Just a bit of wheelspin

Super solid times with the manual trans! Similar to mine and my car is DSG. Waiting until warmer weather to try 60-130s again. Also, gonna get a slightly stickier tire and wait for warmer temps. Even similar in the 1/4 mile lol. I did the same thing and just rolled one out with no launch and a ton of spin. Ran a 13.55 @ 123mph.

I am running a standard Vortex as well. Mind if I ask what boost/timing you are running?

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Super solid times with the manual trans! Similar to mine and my car is DSG

I am running a standard Vortex as well. Mind if I ask what boost/timing you are running?

The car is still on a conservative tune. Running a 450 LPFP + auto tech HPFP.

I'm somewhere around 29 PSI @ 10 degrees of timing up top. If it's anywhere close to your car on MPI that's awesome!

I've been waiting for cooler temps to try some more runs. Hopefully get a dry 40 degree day or two coming up!

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The car is still on a conservative tune. Running a 450 LPFP + auto tech HPFP.

I'm somewhere around 29 PSI @ 10 degrees of timing up top. If it's anywhere close to your car on MPI that's awesome!

I've been waiting for cooler temps to try some more runs. Hopefully get a dry 40 degree day or two coming up!

Makes me want to get an LPFP as I run the XL on 93 with just an HPFP... Maybe Santa will bless me with more power.