GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I live 20 minutes from the track. Might have to come out and see what you run. Are you going to the test and tune on Sunday?

Yessir.

Carbon steel gray GTI on slicks being towed by a Black GMC Sierra.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Expecting to be the first hybrid GTI in the 6s.
1603388156230.gif

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
It will, indirectly.

No fear about getting it home if I break the trans or snap an axle. Need that low 1.6x 60'
I haven't seen anyone snap axles yet, is that a thing? Our axles are beefy as hell compared to most others cars

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I haven't seen anyone snap axles yet, is that a thing? Our axles are beefy as hell compared to most others cars

Yes several people have snapped axles in that 60' range, and one broke a BFI motor mount with a high 1.5x 60' on a FWD. That car broke axles regularly.

A built motor, vortex XL GTI can also make enough TQ to shear the input shaft on the trans, which is why I kept my wtq below 500.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Yes several people have snapped axles in that 60' range, and one broke a BFI motor mount with a high 1.5x 60' on a FWD. That car broke axles regularly.

A built motor, vortex XL GTI can also make enough TQ to shear the input shaft on the trans, which is why I kept my wtq below 500.
Geez that's intense. How do you guys hear about shit like that? I've never heard if that. I suppose its possible but maybe unlikely on awd mqbs since I think they use the same axles and such