GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Lower the psi in the tires too, but even then you won't get a good launch being on the street in a FWD car with street tires. Cut some weight too.

What’s a reasonable 60’ time for one of these cars on summer tires on the street?

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Here's my best 60-130 time that I could muster after multiple pulls. Car has been running great ever since I finished tuning with Ed at EQT, but I was a surprised that my times weren't a little better. I tried some of the methods throughout this thread on how to get optimal 60-130 times. I blame the pisswater 91 gas that we have here in Cali 😅

Mods: HPA IS38 OEM+, CTS catted downpipe, EQT 91 octane ECU protune and DSG tune, Autotech HPFP, LT Motorsports FMIC, aFe drop-in filter and snowguard delete, HPA TMD, BFI stage 1 dogbone, NGK RS7 plugs, Shell V-power 91, full weight car with 180lbs driver.

Everything else on the car is stock.

Screenshot_20200511-100054_dragy.jpg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Here's my best 60-130 time that I could muster after multiple pulls. Car has been running great ever since I finished tuning with Ed at EQT, but I was a surprised that my times weren't a little better. I tried some of the methods throughout this thread on how to get optimal 60-130 times. I blame the pisswater 91 gas that we have here in Cali 😅

Mods: HPA IS38 OEM+, CTS catted downpipe, EQT 91 octane ECU protune and DSG tune, Autotech HPFP, LT Motorsports FMIC, aFe drop-in filter and snowguard delete, HPA TMD, BFI stage 1 dogbone, NGK RS7 plugs, Shell V-power 91, full weight car with 180lbs driver.

Everything else on the car is stock.

View attachment 172916
Find a better road. Sorry about the gas.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Finally got my Dragy and got to make some runs. I’m a little disappointed with the numbers so far but I'll be making some changes to hopefully get some better results soon. My 1/4 time is so embarrassing. I’m constantly fighting the traction control even though it is “all the way off”. Is there any way to fully disable the OEM TC without OBD11? As soon as it hooks up and the turbo spools it cuts in and dumps all the boost killing my time. 2nd gear isn’t bad and the Cobb TC when it isn’t overridden by the other TC works great.

For the 60-130 I am having difficulty getting the turbo spooled to get my 60-70 time down which is pretty slow for my setup. It won’t spool at 50mph in 3rd despite my best attempts to brake boost it. The turbo spools almost exactly at 60mph. My only shot to have it fully spooled before 60 is to run through 2nd which got my 60-70 down to 0.86 on another run but then having to shift from 2-3rd negates the time savings. I’m hoping that NLS cures that.

All relevant mods are in my signature. Full weight minus spare and jack. I am running Costco pump 93 with the torque capped to 400lb ft actual on 28psi at 5* and shifting at 7000.

Attachments

• IMG_3549.PNG
    IMG_3549.PNG
    630 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_3550.PNG
    IMG_3550.PNG
    655.6 KB · Views: 258

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Sounds like the "reduce starting vibration" setting or whatever in OBD11/VCDS. Does yours have that? I think it's under ABS module, then adaptations.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Run your 1/4 mile....but just keep going. Shouldn't have any problem with spool then. 0.92 isn't bad at all.

The issue then is having to shift twice which slows me back down. I did stay in it to 130 once and it was slower at 10.31 60-130.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The issue then is having to shift twice which slows me back down. I did stay in it to 130 once and it was slower at 10.31 60-130.

I figure you should be in the 11's in the 1/4. Have you asked Ed about it?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I figure you should be in the 11's in the 1/4. Have you asked Ed about it?

No LSD, summer tires, unprepped street, and 6MT. I'm hoping for mid 12s lol. The biggest issue is the 60’ performance which all comes down to getting the launch right. I just need to practice more. And yes I sent Nick an email a few hours ago so we will see what he thinks.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
14.5?? You should be able to do 12s on an IS38 on pump gas, even if it's Cali pisswater.

I was thinking the same thing. I'll record a log next time to see if that will help give any clues as to why my 60-130 time is slow relative to my mods.