GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

railroader

Autocross Newbie
yup.

10.65 best time, slightly invalid.

Gutted with x98 and new r888r's on the way. Anything 10.6x would be amazing.
He in an R

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Dbv2 full weight golf r, pump e85
Me tuning ECU, um dsg

10.78@131

Looking good

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Since you're tuning both DBV2 and the EQT, can you comment on the difference in performance between them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t think anyone has pushed the EQT quite that hard yet as it hasn’t been out nearly as long as the dbv2. The DBV2 is also a larger and significantly more laggier turbo unless something has changed recently. I’ll let wy2slo fill in his thoughts of course.

Thanks
— Ed

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Built block?
Stock motor. Over 600 1/4 passes at 450+whp. This is the same car that went 10.97@127 on completely stock fueling with ms109. No hpfp, no lpfp, nothing.

Looking good
Thanks man.

Since you're tuning both DBV2 and the EQT, can you comment on the difference in performance between them?

Housing sizes are of minimal difference so efficiencies of both are due to wheel choices/design only basically. In saying that, the EQT it more of an IS38+ (in that it retains almost identical spool with another 15-20% top end). You are looking at 50-100whp gain over the is38 depending on mods. You can definitely go 10's with it.
The DBV2 is spooling around 4200 and making power to 7200-7300. With the sacrifice of almost 1000rpm in spool, you can make another 50whp with the DBV2. This car made 521whp last week and did mid to high 300's on IS38.

I have 3 people on full fueling (MPI/LPFP) on the EQT and about 10 on the DBV2's.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Stock motor. Over 600 1/4 passes at 450+whp. This is the same car that went 10.97@127 on completely stock fueling with ms109. No hpfp, no lpfp, nothing.

Thanks man.

Housing sizes are of minimal difference so efficiencies of both are due to wheel choices/design only basically. In saying that, the EQT it more of an IS38+ (in that it retains almost identical spool with another 15-20% top end). You are looking at 50-100whp gain over the is38 depending on mods. You can definitely go 10's with it.
The DBV2 is spooling around 4200 and making power to 7200-7300. With the sacrifice of almost 1000rpm in spool, you can make another 50whp with the DBV2. This car made 521whp last week and did mid to high 300's on IS38.

I have 3 people on full fueling (MPI/LPFP) on the EQT and about 10 on the DBV2's.
Do you have any awd eqt clients yet? If not then you will when I get a a3/s3 hopefully sooner than later

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I'm thinking the same when I get my turbo installed this month hopefully.
Wy2sl0 is great, he has tuned me from day 1, tuned my is38 and my eqt,

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

Thanks man.

Sounds about right from what I’ve seen. I’m still working on the larger exhaust housing that should offer about 20whp gain in exchange for about 200-300rpm of spool. Also helps carry power out up top.

— Ed

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Don’t think anyone has pushed the EQT quite that hard yet as it hasn’t been out nearly as long as the dbv2. The DBV2 is also a larger and significantly more laggier turbo unless something has changed recently. I’ll let wy2slo fill in his thoughts of course.

Thanks
— Ed

I'll be one of the few to push the EQT pretty hard. All the parts are going in next weekend hopefully and the tune dialed in asap. Going for 32lbs on full e85 on my send it tune

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I'll be one of the few to push the EQT pretty hard. All the parts are going in next weekend hopefully and the tune dialed in asap. Going for 32lbs on full e85 on my send it tune

Please grab an upgraded oil feed line. Mamba has some available.

— Ed

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Please grab an upgraded oil feed line. Mamba has some available.

— Ed

Just ordered it. Is there a reason its necessary? Havent heard of any problems recently

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Just ordered it. Is there a reason its necessary? Havent heard of any problems recently

I have a suspicion that some people are having trouble with the install of the factory hard line. I’ve seen the bends crimped down quite a bit and recently a messed up o-ring. You don’t want anything restricting oil pressure to the turbo.