GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

Escape Hatch

Ready to race!
2017 GTI Sport DSG, EQT Vortex XL, FBO, HPFP 91oct. View attachment 162966

Is that with a finished tune? I am just now finalizing mine and my 60-130 was faster with a 6mt.

2016 2 door S with PP Vortex XL with HPFP, FBO tuned on 93 by Ed. This run was two revisions ago and I am confident it will be faster now.

Attachments

sportymk7

Passed Driver's Ed
The 60-70 time and 120-130 time is not like any other is20 I've ever seen before. That 50 shot must have drastically improved top end! 120-130 in 1.9 seconds with an is20
we've tested for almost everyday to get the tune iron out for the turbo top end, mid range, etc. but i was brake boosting at 50 and then accelerating into 60mph so it was already cookin.
plus being manual with a tall tire i can stay in 4th and still be in the usable power band

Twist1

Drag Racing Champion
First tank of e85 on this set up. Its a low blend around e40. 29psi, 9* 'low boost daily mode.'

Not a bad start. :devilish: Wouldve went 7s if I shifted at 7200 instead of 6600 I gotta stop being skerred of that limiter but gti head and springs @ 7000= :/

That 120-130 on 8* of timing in 1.5 seconds is a testament to this turbo! Midrange power still heavily neutered getting everything dialed in super slowly with all this covid crap

https://datazap.me/u/samuphil/10231-gettin-it?log=0&data=1

Attachments

Last edited:

Twist1

Drag Racing Champion

Twist1

Drag Racing Champion
Also, I have not spun a lick since I locked the front diff. I can't get this thing to spin in 3rd I am honestly weirded out why its not. Is38 would blister tires to 80mph yet this just dead hooks and GOES.

Not even on the best of tire (245 radials) either so if you're PP I highly recommend trying it. SHOPDAP has a video showing how. I went ahead and changed it back to see if it starts spinning now so I know for sure.

Also Diggs lets see some new mpi e85 dragys! Looks like that thing spools really fast

The Dude

Ready to race!
Also, I have not spun a lick since I locked the front diff. I can't get this thing to spin in 3rd I am honestly weirded out why its not. Is38 would blister tires to 80mph yet this just dead hooks and GOES.

Not even on the best of tire (245 radials) either so if you're PP I highly recommend trying it. SHOPDAP has a video showing how. I went ahead and changed it back to see if it starts spinning now so I know for sure.

Also Diggs lets see some new mpi e85 dragys! Looks like that thing spools really fast
you talking about the increased traction mod in OBD11?

Twist1

Drag Racing Champion
so big turbo, stock motor? I don't really know the story on your build, just the issues with UM and the LPFP.
Yes I should probably make a thread but Im constantly trying to fix this thing to go faster.

Triple Ball Bearing V2 DBV2
980cc MPI
Hellcat/Walbro 525
-6AN Lines
Cts Port Injection
FBO , 3" Exhaust, 3" charge pipes
Mounts and more
No crash bars and everything out in rear

31-32psi/12* so far (530ish) but now we're having some major issues with knock up top.

Compression tested tonight after knock issues and the damn thing is still 195 on the DOT across all four. Dont get it.

I'm hoping its just a bad batch of ethanol with all this covid shit going on. I'm gonna test the station tomorrow to see

daconchslop

Go Kart Newbie
Yes I should probably make a thread but Im constantly trying to fix this thing to go faster.

Triple Ball Bearing V2 DBV2
980cc MPI
Hellcat/Walbro 525
-6AN Lines
Cts Port Injection
FBO , 3" Exhaust, 3" charge pipes
Mounts and more
No crash bars and everything out in rear

31-32psi/12* so far (530ish) but now we're having some major issues with knock up top.

Compression tested tonight after knock issues and the damn thing is still 195 on the DOT across all four. Dont get it.

I'm hoping its just a bad batch of ethanol with all this covid shit going on. I'm gonna test the station tomorrow to see
What Plugs are you running?