GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Drove to work this morning with the pops n bangs off, it was really weird lol. IDK why but when I start the car, if I dont cycle the modes and go past normal again at least once, and then stop on "sport," my pops and bangs dont work. I was lazy this morning and didnt press the button, so it was all quiet on the way to work.

Normal. After you restart the car you're not in the "true" drivetrain setting until you re-enable it

Your car is doing exactly what it's supposed to based on the driving mode dataset. Certain modes are not allowed as "start" modes, meaning when after an ignition cycle the car does not return to them. And deeper than that, certain controls within the modes are not allowed at startup... DSG in Sport and Exhaust Valves full open (Sport) are two examples.

If you have a 3Q0 gateway software index Q or later, don't mind some light reading, and the will/ability to flash the gateway dataset you can "fix" these issues...
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/driving-profiles-modification-tool.417429/

Note that you can not break the car by flashing a jacked up driving profile dataset. All you can do is mess up your driving profiles. I've flashed 100+ at this point, most of them with mistakes, haha. The tool in the website means no more manual editing, which is where the mistakes were always introduced.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Im fine with how it is, just this particular morning, I wasnt worried about cycling through the modes.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Agreed.

Not about the virgin part, but about the holes. Empty holes, the faux euro plates, the plugs, or any other solution look far worse than just leaving the plate in the middle. Either have them professionally filled and bumper resprayed, or leave the plate in the middle.

Just the best I could come up with to describe someone so unaware of what looks good & awkward by default.

A euro plate properly mounted is fine in my opinion, but people who mount one next to a side mounted plate are equally as bad as the holes next to side mounted US plates

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
I always go with dealer financing, and just refinance the moment I can. Usually after making maybe 1 - 2 payments. I've never used outside financing with Carvana, but the one time I tried to use outside financing with a dealership, they made it such a hassle.

I just bought an R from Carvana last week, and the loan terms I agreed to would be enough to make anyone vomit.

But I'll make maybe 1 payment, pay down a few K towards principal, and call around to my local credit unions next month.
This is my first time buying a car with a loan, I went to carvana first just to see and their offer was laughable. Insulting actually, I believe it was 8.5% APR. I went to my bank and got 3.5% which for a used, not young car I'm pretty happy with. I have good credit, I can't image what sort of offers they make to people with worse scores.

Bronze wheels ftw.

You've obviously been learning in your time here.
I actually wanted bronze wheels before I wanted a GTI :p Exactly a year ago my heart was set on a trueno blue gr86/brz that I'd fit gold/bronze wheels on.
I had a hotwheels with the subaru rally livery as a kid, I think I've subconsciously always wanted something like it since.

Attachments

• subaru555.jpg
    subaru555.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 33

Rollux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 1.4TSi
A bayside blue R34 GTR with bronze TE37s 😍

Or a WRC blue WRX STI V5 coupe on stock bronze wheels…. I don’t know if that emoji is allowed 😁

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Got an email stating my Recaros made it to customs, hopefully today they clear and continue the journey my way.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I have lots of confessions that I haven’t posted, but one of them that spoke to me this morning was that one of my badgeskins black vinyl overlays that covers up the one coded signal that’s on, came off. I hadn’t noticed that I’m missing one side before I went on a group drive, so I threw some black electrical tape over the LED and here I am, more than a month later. No one ever looks at my Golf so no one’s ever said anything, lol. Fucking ghetto! I‘ll get some more black vinyl one of these days.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I have lots of confessions that I haven’t posted, but one of them that spoke to me this morning was that one of my badgeskins black vinyl overlays that covers up the one coded signal that’s on, came off. I hadn’t noticed that I’m missing one side before I went on a group drive, so I threw some black electrical tape over the LED and here I am, more than a month later. No one ever looks at my Golf so no one’s ever said anything, lol. Fucking ghetto! I‘ll get some more black vinyl one of these days.

1686610247336.jpeg

The front headlight amber delete? Same thing happened to me when I was detailing the car when I still had it. Complained to BS and they sent me some new ones. You are welcome to have them since I have no use for them now.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Installed adjustable end links front/rear and removed preload. Was on stock end links before. Handles neutral now. Put in BFI S1 engine Mount/trans insert. So much quieter than S2. Put in Macan rotors because it’s pretty.. Rides nice, is quiet and looks good. So in love again.

BleezyD

Ready to race!
My confessions are that it's very difficult to drive this car slow. I'm only a stage 1+ tune but any time I get the space to go, I go. I kept the stock downpipe and exhaust to keep her under the radar while going as fast as possible. The passing power on the freeway is too addicting. Im in my mid 40s by the way and have driven lots of sports cars/sedans etc and much prefer the small, tossable squirty nature of the GTI. But Im biased....

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Installed adjustable end links front/rear and removed preload. Was on stock end links before. Handles neutral now. Put in BFI S1 engine Mount/trans insert. So much quieter than S2. Put in Macan rotors because it’s pretty.. Rides nice, is quiet and looks good. So in love again.
A love confessional, lol!

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
My confessions are that it's very difficult to drive this car slow. I'm only a stage 1+ tune but any time I get the space to go, I go. I kept the stock downpipe and exhaust to keep her under the radar while going as fast as possible. The passing power on the freeway is too addicting. Im in my mid 40s by the way and have driven lots of sports cars/sedans etc and much prefer the small, tossable squirty nature of the GTI. But Im biased....
This is me as well. The acceleration from Interstate speeds is next level fun for me. Problem is whenever I accelerate that fast from 70-ish to whatever-ish, I tend to attract attention of anything fast in the area that sees me do it.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP