GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Yeah keep your stock parts. Never know what life will bring next (saying this after already selling stock wheels…). I still have my rsb, exhaust and intake though lol
I have every piece I’ve taken of the car minus the stock clutch and pressure plate.

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Yeah keep your stock parts. Never know what life will bring next (saying this after already selling stock wheels…). I still have my rsb, exhaust and intake though lol
Also the parts I purchased weren’t stock. I missed the euro tail lights a ton after selling them. I was redirecting money during that choice. Now that the other “issue” has been addressed, time to make the car look perfect again imo.

She also mentioned she thought the car would be louder with the is38 and the BAUN DP and midpipe. I direct translate this to, “you should definitely contact @GTI Jake and just finish off the full 3” BAUN exhaust”. 😎

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
I drove it less than 1k miles this year. I let my 200k+ mile Forester take the brunt of winter and my work parking situation (mud, gravel, seagull crap, heavy equipment and big trucks moving about). Just today I found a nice scratch on one of its doors that's over a foot long and the same dark blue as one of our pickup trucks.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
ATTA BOY! (@Diggs24 )

A good alignment can make a car go from riding like hammered dog shit to mint, bearing good tires as well

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
ATTA BOY! (@Diggs24 )

A good alignment can make a car go from riding like hammered dog shit to mint, bearing good tires as well
Soooo correct, had me a free tracking check (Mk8 1.5 150 PS 6sp) as rear end felt a bit odd, 'squiffy', turned out to be a leaking shock fixed under warranty. Had front tracking adjusted at the same time, was only a small amount out but that & new shock totally transformed the car - I couldn't believe it would make such a difference. Tracking & shock was sorted a few months ago, my confession is: the car hasn't been washed since :oops:...

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
every aftermarket part ive bought for the car since june is still in their boxes.
I had a clutch, turbo, and downpipe waiting on install for several months as well. I had to take vacation from work to free up time and I still ended up working late at night so as to not disrupt family life too much. The struggle is real

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Secretly planning and acquiring stuff for a major update to my GTI, lots of pieces to this phase and doing it all at once.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Secretly planning and acquiring stuff for a major update to my GTI, lots of pieces to this phase and doing it all at once.
car insurance? ;)

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
car insurance? ;)
No but you should see the fuck you letter I wrote to the CEO of Geico. It doesn't make sense to me to pay for a service and get penalized for using it.