GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
It's been nearly a year (I think?), and I still have the DV spacer installed. It still makes me giggle.

Also I just can't decide if I want to spend the coin to make 400hp, when the present ~300hp is a delight too. I rarely ever give it full throttle (still), and don't want to sacrifice a whole lot in reliability/make a ton of supporting upgrades. The numbers nerd in me says yes, but the realistic answer to 'do I need it' is a resounding 'no'.

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
I live in a rowhome in philly with no access to a hose or a place to clean or work on my car. I am looking to move out of the city asap but asap may not be for a few more years. I have learned to not care lol.
I live on the 3rd floor of an apt building with no outdoor hose connection anywhere close. I wake up early on a sunday every few months and park behind my wife's business to run a hose from the industrial sink to wash & detail the car before any of her employees get in. She also scuffed the mirror, and tried to be helpful by putting the wipers up for a snow storm without knowing there was a service mode. Gave up caring about the paint that week.

GreatFallsofGreen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GFG 7.5, 6MT
It's been nearly a year (I think?), and I still have the DV spacer installed. It still makes me giggle.

Also I just can't decide if I want to spend the coin to make 400hp, when the present ~300hp is a delight too. I rarely ever give it full throttle (still), and don't want to sacrifice a whole lot in reliability/make a ton of supporting upgrades. The numbers nerd in me says yes, but the realistic answer to 'do I need it' is a resounding 'no'.
Same! 300hp isn’t even something I get to use on a regular basis. For day to day fun it’s right on the edge of too much power, so now I’m getting into suspension set ups

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I regularly drag race at the local 1/8th mile strip. This car is also the daily driver. Wife gets 30 mpg through the week, I get 7 second passes on weekends. Wife is not thrilled......

"You can sleep in your car,
You can not race your house."

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Intercooler is still sitting in my office, because I'm too lazy to get it on the car.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Intercooler is still sitting in my office, because I'm too lazy to get it on the car.

I don't blame you. If I could do an FMIC on the R (stupid front assist sensor that I wanted!), I'd do that.

I'll tell you what. I'll give you $100 for it.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't blame you. If I could do an FMIC on the R (stupid front assist sensor that I wanted!), I'd do that.

I'll tell you what. I'll give you $100 for it.
No, no IC for you. 🤣

I'll eventually get it on the car.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Do you have an ic on the R?

Nope. I mean, I have the stock one.

Another one of those things I wouldn't mind, but really don't want to deal with the install...

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
My wife drove my GTI to work yesterday. After she got home, she asks, "is your car ok? it doesn't sound right." So I asked her what does she mean by that. She says, "I don't know, but it just doesn't sound right, like metal on metal....not normal." So I had to explain the motor/dogbone/transmission mounts, stiffer LCA bushing. Then she asks me, "So that's how you want it? You like it like that, feeling and sounding broken?" :cautious:

Last edited: