GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
People lease BMWs and mod+tune the hell out of them all the time. The banks don't really care as long as they can re-sell it for the normal bluebook value once the car is returned to them

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
JB4 is practically made for leased cars.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Anyone who is in a lease right now is actually in a pretty good situation if they choose to buy the car.

With this market the car is undoubtedly worth more than the buy out agreement. My sister's Tiguan is worth almost 7 grand more than her agreed buy out price (feel like this is incorrect nomenclature.)

Dealer is gonna cry when she doesn't give it back.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
Anyone who is in a lease right now is actually in a pretty good situation if they choose to buy the car.

With this market the car is undoubtedly worth more than the buy out agreement. My sister's Tiguan is worth almost 7 grand more than her agreed buy out price (feel like this is incorrect nomenclature.)

Dealer is gonna cry when she doesn't give it back.
Yeah my mom's '18 GTI got an extra $1k when the dealer bought back the lease from her and put her into a new Tiguan. She put a lot of km's on it before the pandemic so that didn't help the valuation at all.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Leasing is for corporations, so that you can write off the car as a business expense - only way it makes sense. Otherwise, poor financial decision. My $.02. I have the other $.98 as well, if anyone would like to hear those.
It's where it's at if you're self employed.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
paying the bank monthly to drive the banks car, at the end you return the banks car back to them and restart the process of renting another one of their cars
Nothing wrong with that.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I drove to the store and then half way back home before I realized my headlights were off on tuesday. The shop turned them off, probably just to not kill my battery, and I've never touched the switch once. I finally noticed my light output was terrible and then I looked down, was like oh shit, my lights have been off! 🥴

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
I drove to the store and then half way back home before I realized my headlights were off on tuesday. The shop turned them off, probably just to not kill my battery, and I've never touched the switch once. I finally noticed my light output was terrible and then I looked down, was like oh shit, my lights have been off! 🥴
Definitely have done that a couple of times. Especially after it's finished at the dealer in the middle of the day and I don't even notice that they've changed it.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
You were one of THOSE people :confused:

I see this more and more lately...people running with their lights off at night...only seeing with their running lights. They are like dangerous ghosts in the night! Highway at 70mph? No tail lights...very little light up front through their DRLs...its like people have lost their brains. We've all done it on very well-lit roads, but I am seeing people run with no lights in complete darkness at least 30% of the time I am out at night. I've blinked my lights and honked my horns to get the attention of these people only for them to look at my like I am crazy. :ROFLMAO:(n)

Seriously wth people, if you feel like "you can't see" pull over and figure it out damn it.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
You were one of THOSE people :confused:

I see this more and more lately...people running with their lights off at night...only seeing with their running lights. They are like dangerous ghosts in the night! Highway at 70mph? No tail lights...very little light up front through their DRLs...its like people have lost their brains. We've all done it on very well-lit roads, but I am seeing people run with no lights in complete darkness at least 30% of the time I am out at night. I've blinked my lights and honked my horns to get the attention of these people only for them to look at my like I am crazy. :ROFLMAO:(n)

Seriously wth people, if you feel like "you can't see" pull over and figure it out damn it.
I dunno, my wife's Tiguan had the base halogens and I'm not sure I would have noticed if they were off in the dark before I changed them out.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I dunno, my wife's Tiguan had the base halogens and I'm not sure I would have noticed if they were off in the dark before I changed them out.
lol, I feel like my DRLs on my R are about as effective as the vlands I had on my mk6. If the road wasn't lit up at all I'm sure I would have noticed sooner.