GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I installed my intake a little over 5k miles ago and in a couple weeks it'll have been installed for a year. All this talk in the thread with APRs new intake about the vacuum fitting made me realize I never connected the hose on my intake. I went out to the garage just now and took care of it...

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
I installed my intake a little over 5k miles ago and in a couple weeks it'll have been installed for a year. All this talk in the thread with APRs new intake about the vacuum fitting made me realize I never connected the hose on my intake. I went out to the garage just now and took care of it...
I guess I don’t feel so bad about mine being loose now. 😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I just ordered parts on our credit card. We never really use it, but don't want to get rid of, due to a really good interest rate. I didn't think my wife would catch it, and I could pay it off when doing bills at end of month. She texted me while at the autocross on Saturday asking about the charges on the cc.

Busted.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
I just ordered parts on our credit card. We never really use it, but don't want to get rid of, due to a really good interest rate. I didn't think my wife would catch it, and I could pay it off when doing bills at end of month. She texted me while at the autocross on Saturday asking about the charges on the cc.

Busted.

might order a vortex xl with my Amex points next month. This is my concern.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual

Busted.
You gotta get the parts shipped to your Indy Mechanic. The only thing my wife knows about is my winter/rim setup and summer/rim setup.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You gotta get the parts shipped to your Indy Mechanic. The only thing my wife knows about is my winter/rim setup and summer/rim setup.
How would that stop his wife from seeing the credit card statement?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I try to do all my own work, so that wouldn't work for me.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
How would that stop his wife from seeing the credit card statement?

Dude, it's a light hearted thread meant to be fun. No pedantic arguing allowed.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
See what you do is withdraw a little cash each week and build up a little reserve that you can spend on car parts.

If she finds out about this just tell her you're cheating on her and this money is for dates with the other girl/guy.
That's living dangerously! I'd have gone with gambling habit.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Pro moves. The warehouse manager at my old office would ask me “car or bike parts” when I came by to grab them.

My wife is cool with bike parts. She mountain bike with me.