GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I've got 3 herniated discs, and mild occasional sciatica, but I'm doing what I can to stabilize and avoid surgery. Sounds funny, but my wife got me into yoga, and it's been one of the biggest helps, ever over steroid injections.
My wife and I do Yoga 3x a week. It’s great core work, and doesn’t sound funny.
I was way beyond a cortico shot. According to the surgeon today, the nurse gasped when she saw the size of the bulge.
How’s your back in the GTI seats? Even before I had back discomfort, longer drives sucked. Would find myself squeezing my kneecap and hamstrings for relief along with constantly changing seat positions. Same symptoms some are reporting in that MK7 seat thread.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
1633738317953.jpeg

🤦‍♂️

Also made this meme for my buddy that said I was evil for killing the environment today.

1633738378628.jpeg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I was way beyond a cortico shot. According to the surgeon today, the nurse gasped when she saw the size of the bulge.
How’s your back in the GTI seats? Even before I had back discomfort, longer drives sucked. Would find myself squeezing my kneecap and hamstrings for relief along with constantly changing seat positions. Same symptoms some are reporting in that MK7 seat thread.

I use my seat heaters on high as a mobile hot pack.

DDD @ T4–T6

cb1111

I've got 3 herniated discs, and mild occasional sciatica, but I'm doing what I can to stabilize and avoid surgery. Sounds funny, but my wife got me into yoga, and it's been one of the biggest helps, ever over steroid injections.
And one of the dumbasses in the "other" thread quoted this one to prove some imaginary point.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Now they are quoting me quoting you.
Let's keep this thread on topic, there is other threads for this type of chatter.

😆

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn

I'm a trained Yoga teacher. It's for real. Unfortunately it can't cure the vicious arthritis I have in C2-C5, but it helps.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Here's my confession for today: LMFAO…. on the drive home (150Km commute, all highway/freeway) I was in a cat n’ mouse chase with 2 C6 Vettes, a guy in some kind of AMG Benz, and 2 meth heads in a clapped out Focus who were LITERALLY passing on the left hand shoulder trying to keep up. What a shitshow.

I felt like I towed those two jackasses and all 9 of their teeth halfway from Red Deer to Calgary.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
It may not "cure" anything, but by strengthening the core, you are effectively resolving the issue.
There's no resolving osteoarthritis. The bones in my neck look like they're dissolving, which they more or less are. It does help with lumbar posture, which keeps the skull more balanced on top of C1, which is helpful.