GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Base halogens > headlights with a red stripe you can't remove

I'm in denial and say I like the halogen look (which I kind of do), and as much as I don't like red, I would take those over the halogen anytime.

Of course would much rather the Golf R lights or blue accents

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I curbed a wheel today. Small hit but the damage was bad. Have some touchup paint, but might be the realm of replacing the wheel bad. I'll sleep on it for a few days.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I curbed a wheel today. Small hit but the damage was bad. Have some touchup paint, but might be the realm of replacing the wheel bad. I'll sleep on it for a few days.
If you can sleep. Gonna be hittin curbs in your nightmares.

draftgli

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
This! Like wtf guys... empty driveways. Buy shed if you have too much shit in your garage. One day the garbage truck will side swipe em....

I pay $600 a year and get very little in return. There's no snow to plow, but there's a shit ton of common area with grass to be mowed and a community pool. There are rules, but they're all reasonable. I wish they enforced some of them (such as no parking on the street).

View attachment 227083

Same BS here. Empty driveways, street parking full. HOA does nothing about it all spring, summer, and fall.

But winter is when it gets interesting. Every year, once winter comes, HOA reminds us in the newsletter that street parking is only for guests, or (get this) for homeowners who own more than 2 cars. The rest of us “have-not’s” (who have less than 3 cars) must utilize the garage and the 1 car driveway immediately behind the garage to park. Which is all fine and dandy, until it snows. How exactly are they supposed to plow the driveways (which they claim they always do first…which is total horse shit) if there are cars parked there? So one morning I went and moved my car from the driveway over to street parking - thinking that…maybe…they would do their job for once and plow our driveway? Nope. Instead one of the HOA dickfors put a note on my car, “Street parking for guests only.” Apron wasn’t plowed until I came home that evening. LOL can’t make this shit up. Maybe I should write a book.

cb1111

The can't really put a lien on your property can they? That's some BS, I will live somewhere else lol.
Oh, they can....and will.

I'll avoid HOAs like the plague. We just have the world's best neighborhood watch and it is free, I was sitting at my stoplight waiting to turn into my street and there was an accident on the other side of the street - two cop cars showed up before the light changed (and probably before anybody even called the cops).

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Oh, they can....and will.

I'll avoid HOAs like the plague. We just have the world's best neighborhood watch and it is free, I was sitting at my stoplight waiting to turn into my street and there was an accident on the other side of the street - two cop cars showed up before the light changed (and probably before anybody even called the cops).
HOA a no go for me. I understand they can be good and nice ect, but a bunch of Karens telling me I can't bury 5 bodies in my backyard is clearly a bit of an annoyance lol

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Are you allowed to cut your grass with a gas mower? Or is that too loud? JFC
I got a letter in the mail about noise before 11am on a weekend... had some mobile detailers come clean our cars and they vacuumed too early 🙄. Having them come at all was mostly out of spite because, like someone posted earlier, we can't wash our cars in the complex even though we have a water spigot right beside the garage door. I've become a stickler for wording with regard to our HOA, it says owners cannot wash their cars. So I had someone else wash our cars.

When the mobile detailers fired up their generator to pressurize their water tank it was after 11am. They couldn't get me for the noise but my trash neighbor (who is on the HOA board) filed a complaint "on behalf of" our good neighbor alleging we blocked them in presenting an emergency exit risk. Mind you I was cleaning the garage the whole time and made sure the detailers were parked where only I was blocked in... and our good neighbors actually went out during that time. The good neighbors wrote the board disputing the complaint that was filed on their behalf. Complaint was dropped.

We don't have grass, but if we did I think battery powered mowers would be mandated.

Of course, the landscape company comes at 8am on Tuesdays and Fridays with gas powered backpack leaf blowers and make noise for the better part of 4 hours. At least 3 employees doing it, normally 4 though.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Where we live the local authority did some essential electrical maintence work & checking, was free BTW. I spoke to some of the guys whilst in our street, they told me they start at 7am I told them to come to ours as early as they liked, get it over so we could all continue our day. They were pleased and said neighbours told them same, knocked on their door at 10:30am, they answered in pyjamas "we didn't mean this freaking early !". Fun fact: last time it snowed local kids were rolling around a big ball of snow, thought they'd build them a snowman. Nope, on returning from work they'd piled up the snow into a wall, all around the local moaning, miserable bar-steward's (not his job !) car (Honda 2.0l saloon) as he'd told them NOT to build a snowman. Until he moved, he had that effect on people....

draftgli

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yeah, haha! You have to have a fenced in back yard, proper boxes and can only have 1 or 2. I pay 100$ a year and go to the meetings! Granted the biggest discussion we had was pine straw vs mulch and sprinkler head maintenance, but I love it out here 😄

Just when you think you’ve seen or heard it all…