GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
People talking $1200 a year for the HOA or $210 for the quarter 😂

I wish.

My car payment is only $60 higher than the HOA monthly fee.
I own a condo that I lived in before my wife and I bought our house and I feel you. Of course it’s offset by the fact that my mortgage is 500 bucks.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Who cares what colour someone wants to paint thier house? A neighbor with a pink house doesn't decrease the value of your home.
It can when your for sale house won't sell because the buyer doesn't want to look at a pink house.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Thems fighting words.
lol

I just really hate the red stripe in the headlights. The amber marker doesn't bug me one bit, but I don't like the stripes. On my mk6 I painted my grill stripes at least a couple times, but I wouldn't have done that if my headlights had the stripe too. Hell, I even had candy red wheels at one point and even then I didn't want additional red accents...and normally I'd keep the stripes color matched to the wheels. I like the red stripes on red GTIs, but that's it.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
lol

I just really hate the red stripe in the headlights. The amber marker doesn't bug me one bit, but I don't like the stripes. On my mk6 I painted my grill stripes at least a couple times, but I wouldn't have done that if my headlights had the stripe too. Hell, I even had candy red wheels at one point and even then I didn't want additional red accents...and normally I'd keep the stripes color matched to the wheels. I like the red stripes on red GTIs, but that's it.
Can always swap to golf or R lights to get rid of the red. Halogens at this point in time are an abomination and need to die. They severely cheapen the front end of the car.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Can always swap to golf or R lights to get rid of the red. Halogens at this point in time are an abomination and need to die. They severely cheapen the front end of the car.
Oh ya, as far as function goes the LED headlights on our cars are much better. Things like the level adjustment with bumps and cornering lights, and the light quality itself makes a good difference. I'll never go back to halogens. I got some serious beef with red stripes in the headlights though.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion

I wish.

Yup, my HOA is just shy of twice the monthly payment on my Golf and alsmost $20 more per month than the payment on the wife's Model 3.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I wish.

We were also looking at a similar neighborhood closer to Ponte Vedra Beach, similar size house, worse yard, less amenities, but closer to the beach than we are now, the HOA was close to $600 month. Hard no for me, plus they only had 2 tennis courts, but the mountain biking trails were tempting.