Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
34FCCE70-0205-40EF-9F07-4D7D314B6C41.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I have in my living room (no garage) waiting for install for a couple months now:

OEM seat heaters for my Corbeau seats
Wheel stud conversion
seat harnesses
harness bar
turbo blanket

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I put the stupid rain x to refill the washer fluid and today I had all the fun pulling the sensor out of the reservoir, cleaning it and putting it back in… at least the “refill fluid warning” is gone…

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I put the stupid rain x to refill the washer fluid and today I had all the fun pulling the sensor out of the reservoir, cleaning it and putting it back in… at least the “refill fluid warning” is gone…

Does rain x washer fluid mess with the sensor?

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Does rain x washer fluid mess with the sensor?
Yes, it builds up gunk around the sensor resulting in the car telling you to refill the washer level regardless of your fluid level.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I stripped one of the 10mm coil pack ground studs by repeatedly hitting it with an impact wrench.

I snapped one of the round wire terminals off, so now I just have a stripped wire kind of compressed between the ground stud and the nut on one of mine...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I just did my suspension for the third time and I used 2 ugga duggas to torque everything.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Last week failed TÜV inspection because of Eibach springs. Had all documents (ABE) on hand. Background: It's an US car imported to Germany. After a long inspiring discussion between the TÜV engineer and a vehicle dynamics engineer myself I know now: Only because VWoA calls it a Golf 7 and it looks like a Golf 7, it doesn't have to be a Golf 7. It didn't even count that my official registration calls it a Golf 7 too. One field in my registration is empty (as on all imported vehicles in Germany). If the car would have been imported from an European country, everything would have been okay (although the field is still empty). Does make sense, or?
Went to a different TÜV station and now I'm good to go.

draftgli

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I bought a used JB4. I performed a lousy, “temporary” install shortly thereafter. 2 months later wires are still everywhere and the JB4 is sitting loose, wedged between the battery and fuse box.

One day I was late meeting my family for lunch. While hastily parallel parking, i curbed the shit out of the passenger side front wheel. 2 weeks later, i curbed the drivers side front wheel at the Taco Bell drive thru. Fuck it.

I’ve owned the car for over a year, and have yet to apply a coat of wax or sealant. Worse yet, I rarely wash the car. I tell myself this is because we live in a HOA and access to water outdoors is basically non existent. About a month ago, after a scare involving an underground parking garage and hard water stains, I convinced myself that enough was enough - I needed to do a proper exterior detailing and protection. I spent ~ $200 to replenish products and supplies to prepare. The products are still sitting in a box in my trunk.

Around the same time I decided it was time to address the filthy, neglected exhaust tips. I spent 30 min on the drivers side, confirming it was in fact silver at one point. Then I realized it was too dark outside to bother starting the passenger side. Ever since I’ve been driving with a mostly clean, silver drivers side tip, and an untouched, filthy tip on the passenger side.

40k miles and the brake rotors have a gigantic lip and are pretty obviously on their last leg. Although I have some tools and know how, I can’t work on my car in my driveway, due to ridiculous HOA rules. Nonetheless, I’ve spent the better part of a month researching rotors and pads…apparently living in denial that I will somehow DIY.

Since I’ve owned the car, I’ve been taking it to a local indie shop for oil changes and tire rotations (again citing my HOA excuse). Only God and the mechanic know what oil and filters are actually being used. Just this week I learned for the first time about the existence of oil extractors, and that the entire job can be done from the top. WTF.