GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You were one of THOSE people :confused:

I see this more and more lately...people running with their lights off at night...only seeing with their running lights. They are like dangerous ghosts in the night! Highway at 70mph? No tail lights...very little light up front through their DRLs...its like people have lost their brains. We've all done it on very well-lit roads, but I am seeing people run with no lights in complete darkness at least 30% of the time I am out at night. I've blinked my lights and honked my horns to get the attention of these people only for them to look at my like I am crazy. :ROFLMAO:(n)

Seriously wth people, if you feel like "you can't see" pull over and figure it out damn it.
I was driving beside someone on the highway, pitch black outside, like midnight or 1am probably, no street lights anywhere. he had all his lights off. no headlights, running lights, nothing. Pulled up next to him and rolled my window down, yelled out the window to let him know, and he shrugged and mouthed "i cant hear you" then rolled his window up and went on his merry way. Some people are just idiots

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was driving beside someone on the highway, pitch black outside, like midnight or 1am probably, no street lights anywhere. he had all his lights off. no headlights, running lights, nothing. Pulled up next to him and rolled my window down, yelled out the window to let him know, and he shrugged and mouthed "i cant hear you" then rolled his window up and went on his merry way. Some people are just idiots

The sad part is, these idiots end up surviving the accident, but kill innocent people.

I'm normally OK with leaving idiots be and letting Darwin do his magic, but it doesn't always work out.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I didn't think of this. :(

Mud
The way mine is set up, it kinda does still work. I always have the navigation map on the instrument cluster, so when the map goes from white to black the headlights are on. If it stays white the lights are off. (At least I think I am right on that, I'm sure someone will correct me if i am thinking wrong. I'm not near my car to confirm.)

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
The way mine is set up, it kinda does still work. I always have the navigation map on the instrument cluster, so when the map goes from white to black the headlights are on. If it stays white the lights are off. (At least I think I am right on that, I'm sure someone will correct me if i am thinking wrong. I'm not near my car to confirm.)
Works that way with Apple/Google Maps/Waze via CarPay in the infotainment as well.

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
Went to a wedding on Long Island in late October. Drove from Greenville S.C. . Through N.C. ,Va, W. Va.,Md., Pa., N.J.and NYC to get there. 11.5 hrs.,approx. 770 miles to reach the Jersey tpke. 3hrs.to cross 2 bridges and travel last 40 miles to Northport. I complained to my coworkers via text how bad it was. 3 hrs.of endless merges at a steady crawl. But I thought about it and realized if that was in S.C. I'd still be there cause' Southerners don't merge. They line up ,go bumper to bumper and don't let anyone in, NASCAR rules?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Went to a wedding on Long Island in late October. Drove from Greenville S.C. . Through N.C. ,Va, W. Va.,Md., Pa., N.J.and NYC to get there. 11.5 hrs.,approx. 770 miles to reach the Jersey tpke. 3hrs.to cross 2 bridges and travel last 40 miles to Northport. I complained to my coworkers via text how bad it was. 3 hrs.of endless merges at a steady crawl. But I thought about it and realized if that was in S.C. I'd still be there cause' Southerners don't merge. They line up ,go bumper to bumper and don't let anyone in, NASCAR rules?

George Washington Memorial bridge? The only time to hit that bridge is 1am or later… Otherwise bumper to bumper traffic for hours. I hate that bridge.

I’m fine with merging. But running up and cutting back in after I’ve been sitting in traffic for an hour? I’d rather rub bumpers with the car in front of me than let them in

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
George Washington Memorial bridge? The only time to hit that bridge is 1am or later… Otherwise bumper to bumper traffic for hours. I hate that bridge.

I’m fine with merging. But running up and cutting back in after I’ve been sitting in traffic for an hour? I’d rather rub bumpers with the car in front of me than let them in
Left for home 10am. On a Monday , took the tunnel, we hit the Tpke in less than an hr. 12hrs total to SC.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Drove by a nursery the other day that had soft blue Christmas lights up.......made me REALLY miss my old VW soft-blue lighting instead of the current white lighting

Wavy

Car(s)
2016 VW GTI SE
Started getting some N80 evap purge valve code and gas pump was shutting off early. Thought I had to replace something, turns out I'd just flipped my catch can baffle around while cleaning it.

Similar story helping a friend install a catch can the other day. Went to go start it up, runs rough, CEL, code for fuel something or other. Lo and behold, HPFP sensor came unplugged somehow.

Love simple (dumb) fixes.
Can you elaborate on this. I'm having evap issues i can't trace and have also flipped my catch can cleaning something and want to see if i have the same issue.