GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That’s the deal with direct replacements, nobody wants to remove the entire front clip, but it’ll be well worth all the power you’ve been leaving on the table.
I know, I'm just dreading the install. My konis sat for 6 months too, even though I knew the stock shocks were shot and causing car to handle terrible. Same thing.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
The Dumb: I haven’t cleaned my AFE drop-in filter since last summer, I drive with OBDELEVEN plugged in for no reason, and the oil from my last oil change in December is still sitting in my extractor.

The Dumber: I was cruising late one night on an empty highway and saw a modded MK6 GTI with hazards on sitting on the shoulder. As I got closer I saw that the engine bay was ON FIRE, so naturally my dumb ass slows down and pulls up along side to see if anyone was inside. I hear the owner and his friend from several yards behind yelling “GO, GOOOO!!!” and finally snap back to my senses realizing that shit is probably about to explode at any second, and peel off.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Changing my oil a couple thousand miles early just because I’m excited to try the extractor 😆

Let me know how you like using the extractor - if i could Do the oil change without getting under the car that would be sick

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I haven't jumped on the extractor wagon because I picture cleaning the extractor itself being a bigger hassle and not worth the trouble. It's not like our oil changes are hard regardless.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I haven't jumped on the extractor wagon because I picture cleaning the extractor itself being a bigger hassle and not worth the trouble. It's not like our oil changes are hard regardless.
I don't think you really need to clean it unless you're pumping something through it that's going to clog the hose up, or if you're going to use the extractor somewhere else where the residual oil might contaminate something. Everything you're pumping out is getting disposed of, so it shouldn't matter if the hose is a little dirty.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I have the OEM Tools extractor. Emptying is as simple as removing the hose connector and pouring it out. The only tricky pasrt is not overfilling the 5 qt. jug with the old oil.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Confession
I’ve NEVER cleaned my oil extractor. It just keeps getting used oil in it, so I ask myself why clean, and I never have a good comeback, so it stays dirty